Majesty is heading back to Boston...

suemac

The ship announced there were over 100 children ranging in age from 3 thru 15 years old on board this cruise. They were not seen or heard from the whole cruise meaning the Majesty staff kept them entertained during the whole cruise.

I would have to say about 30 to 35% of the passengers were from either from North or South Carolina, over 50% being Red Sox or Patriot fans.

The Majesty does not have all the glitter and glamour the newer and larger ships have, she is small, neat and comfortable, and will hold about 1100 passengers comfortably.

The crew will get to know you very quickly and acknowledge you during the your cruise. We have sailed RCL and Carnival several times with our daughter and she loved it, meeting kids from all over the USA. If you want a very relaxing cruise I would recommend NCL.

We wanted to go see her leave from Castle Island, but the weather wasn't that great here today. Does anyone know if NCL will replace The Majesty with a newer or larger ship when the Majesty moves on??

TM

I read somewhere else on these boards that now NCL has signed an agreement with Bermuda to lease Ordinance Island (where Majesty docks) through 2007 -- so maybe there's hope that she'll continue to sail Boston to Bermuda through the 2007 season! Anyone else have any inside scoop????

Hi to all...just want to throw 2 cents in..

Welcome home Majesty! Can't wait to step aboard on July 17th. I love to go over to Black Falcon and watch her leave. Very happy to have summer just around the corner! Especially afer this winter!

ps...anyone know who the pool band this year is?

The Captain and senior staff spent considerable time with our CC group meeting. He said that the rumors about extended contracts are just things that are in the works, and stressed that nothing had been determined yet. He said that he personally believed that the Boston/Bermuda run would continue, but might involve docking at the Dockyards or Hamilton... The official line so far is that the 2006 Bermuda season is her last. Captain Knorring actually hung out with 6 of us CCers at his Captains champagne party, for a good 20-25 minutes. He repeated then that the plans changed often, and nothing had been really determined.

The Pool band on the Repo was Carribean Vibe, Amadeus played most evenings in the Rendezvous.

I actually commented on Nikki (assistant CD) being not quite up to the Job on my comment card, really insincere, just not the best job for her though she did get a little better while Pedro was off the ship and she was doing his job too... Pedro didn't impress me last year either, he's a nice enough guy, but pushes to hard to be funny most of the time...

I adored both Joey and Ingrid though, both on the CD staff and both from the Phillipines. Anyone who's experienced Joey will understand, he's a riot, and Ingrid was the most poised and genuinely funny and nice of the CD staff. DJ Kim, seemed to pick and choose who he would talk to, and Summer had an audible argument with a bingo player one day... other than that she doesn't talk much...

Glad to hear the Repo cruise was good. It was so nice to see the Majesty on the bridgecam yesterday. If only the weather around here cooperated a little more yesterday. Now that she is back in Boston, I cannot wait to sail her again!

Archived