Is the back of the ship okay if prone to seasickness?

yankeechick78

Somewhat similar question..my first 2 cruises on carnival was always on the lowest deck (deck 1)..this time, on my first ncl cruise in a few weeks i have a cabin on deck 9 near the forward elevators...How bad is the movement up there?..this is for the gem which only has about 13 or so decks

Somewhat similar question..my first 2 cruises on carnival was always on the lowest deck (deck 1)..this time, on my first ncl cruise in a few weeks i have a cabin on deck 9 near the forward elevators...How bad is the movement up there?..this is for the gem which only has about 13 or so decks

Expect movement. You are on water and sailing in some potential rough seas. Doesn't matter how many single trips were smooth. Doesn't have to be the case. Being well prepared for anyone prone to motion sickness is the only answer.

Like many people have stated earlier, these are ships on water. But unlike years ago when ships were much smaller and you felt the movement of the water as well as the props, on these ships you feel very little movement (conditions permitting). My wife and I were on Gem's sister ship the Jewel twice, both times in aft Penthouse suites once on the eight floor and once on the tenth. And both times have felt very very little to no movement whatsoever. However one of the times I was on Explorer of the seas, I was in a Large Ocean View stateroom all the way in front of the ship and I felt movement more than in the rear of the ship.

Archived