are you booked in cabin 5243 on Legend 7/15/12?

we3k9

If you have this cabin 5243 on Legend sailing 7/15/12 will you please switch me cabins, I am in 5241 and its the same size room and same size balcony and same category, I just would like to be next to my aunts who are in 5245, your cabin is smack in the middle of us and we can not utilize the adjoining balcony feature.

I know this is an unusual request and Carnival will not call you to ask if you will switch us cabins. I booked early saver and even when i asked carnival to downgrade me so we could have two cabins right next to one another, they would not allow me to downgrade. i figured this was worth a shot, but who ever you are in cabin 5243 you may never see this. :(

That would be amazing if in fact, that person reads CC and would be willing to switch, but I don't know how you could pull it off, before boarding. What if they ordered some thing from Bon Voyage and it is waiting for them in their room. I would very nicely ask the people in that room when they 1st get to the room. You could then both go to guest services to make the agreed too room change.

I would not want to ask them once we board the boat. too much trouble to put someone through due to sail n sign accounts and lines to wait in at the pursers desk. If I happen to find them prior to leaving for Tampa, we could both call carnival and take care of it over the phone or through our travel agents/ pvp. but I will not be bothering the occupants of cabin 5243 once on the ship. I will still have just as nice a cruise and so will my aunts, but it would be nice if we had that super long balcony to enjoy together.

We switched cabins with 2 ladies who were in the same situation as you. They knocked on our door before muster and we made the switch with them. It didn't take very long at all, maybe 10 minutes at Guest Services and there was never a mix up with sail and sign charges. The earlier you ask them on embarkation day the better.

Good luck with your request! :)

We switched cabins with 2 ladies who were in the same situation as you. They knocked on our door before muster and we made the switch with them. It didn't take very long at all, maybe 10 minutes at Guest Services and there was never a mix up with sail and sign charges. The earlier you ask them on embarkation day the better.

WOW! You were very kind to do that! I would have too if it had no impact on me, but I imagine it is rare! Sure hope it works out for the OP!

thank you, but I dont think I could bring myself to even ask them on embarkation day. what if they said no and are rude to me, it would be so awkward. I would feel bad and start my cruise off with hurt feelings. If I cant have it done ahead of time, I will just go with it.

WOW! You were very kind to do that! I would have too if it had no impact on me, but I imagine it is rare! Sure hope it works out for the OP!

It had no impact for us, it was the same cabin class. Their TA had told them that they would be next to their friends if they booked consecutive cabin numbers, so we ended up moving port to starboard.

thank you, but I dont think I could bring myself to even ask them on embarkation day. what if they said no and are rude to me, it would be so awkward. I would feel bad and start my cruise off with hurt feelings. If I cant have it done ahead of time, I will just go with it.

I understand not wanting to ask on embarkation day, have you tried to call Carnival? Maybe they could call the people who have the cabin booked and ask them. I'm not sure they would do so, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Just a little bump and wishing you luck.

It may seem like a long shot that they are CC'ers and will see this BUT I met the family that was staying in my exact cabin, the day I was debarking, here on CC! They had stopped by our roll-call to ask some excursion advice and she noticed that we had the same cabin booked.

It was neat because I left them some themed decorations and a note (the room steward was really cool and promised that he wouldn't throw them out).

Turned out to be an awesome thing when I accidentally left my brand new camera charger under the bed. Because the room steward knew that we "knew" one another, when he found the charger while cleaning, he asked her if she could possibly return it to me. A few days after she returned from her cruise I got an email asking for my address so that she could mail my charger! I was so grateful!!!

Good luck. Oh, and please reconsider and ask your neighbors once on board. You just just might be surprised when they agree!

Happy sailing!

Gina

Just a little bump and wishing you luck.

It may seem like a long shot that they are CC'ers and will see this BUT I met the family that was staying in my exact cabin, the day I was debarking, here on CC! They had stopped by our roll-call to ask some excursion advice and she noticed that we had the same cabin booked.

It was neat because I left them some themed decorations and a note (the room steward was really cool and promised that he wouldn't throw them out).

Turned out to be an awesome thing when I accidentally left my brand new camera charger under the bed. Because the room steward knew that we "knew" one another, when he found the charger while cleaning, he asked her if she could possibly return it to me. A few days after she returned from her cruise I got an email asking for my address so that she could mail my charger! I was so grateful!!!

Good luck. Oh, and please reconsider and ask your neighbors once on board. You just just might be surprised when they agree!

Happy sailing!

Gina

that is so great you got the charger back, I would have done the same and mailed it back to you. I believe in Karma and the whole pay it forward thing.

I understand not wanting to ask on embarkation day, have you tried to call Carnival? Maybe they could call the people who have the cabin booked and ask them. I'm not sure they would do so, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

oh yes, first thing my travel agent did was email the person she said she had a connection with, at Carnival, they flat out said NO, that is not something we do. funny though, I got a call in the past, asking me to relocate, so a wedding group could have a block of rooms. guess that was big money for Carnival but I was never even compensated by a bottle of wine or anything for moving, no upgrade either. I at least plan on offering them drink coupons for their trouble.

Archived