can you post pics of elegant night attire?

Fireflymkz76

Lots of great pics:) I absolutely luv the above-posted wedding dress!!!

i recycle the formal dresses i've accumulated but they're staying home this time. I always suggest to woman to consider another usage of recent 'stylish' prom, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses or even classy club wear. It's a good idea for all men to have a basic suit for whatever (job interviews, weddings, church, etc.) but it's no fun to force somebody to be uncomfortable in extreme heat when they're on vacation imo. We get dressed up for dinner and functions at home, it's just that we're flying AirTran into San Juan i'm and i'm trying to consolidate luggage. Combine it with a summer cruise and i'm going more casual this time in accordance with CCL's stated dress policy.

Sorry now pictures. I didn't even think of taking photos :( I brought one pair of black slacks, one long black skirt and three dress tops. One 3/4 length black dress (bought at the thrift store for $5.00) and one sun dress. Husband brought 2 pair dress pants, two dress shirts (with ties) and three button down collared shirts.

which refutes those who say they don't have the money to buy clothes for a cruise.

That is exactly why I said I was curious. We are use to Royal Caribbean where formal is formal - other nights are khakis with a collared shirt. With the baggage fees nowadays we don't want to lug formal clothes but also don't want to wear capris if others are wearing sundress type outfits. I did hear that Carnival is much more casual than RCCL so just want to go with the flow!

If I need to dress up I will - if I don't have to I won't!!!

imo it's a toss up re a cotton sundress and outfit of really dressy top and capris. Re the capris, there are some very dressy ones out there (more of a relaxed fit type made of jersey) vs the casual cargo/twill type.

As a child of the '60s I hate dressing up so thank you to everyone who said I can get away without a jacket at (even "elegant" diners). Of course, my wife will still be on my case about it but you've given me hope.

lol my DH is still shocked i'm not packing him a suit jacket or sport coat. So many guys have it and the tie on barely thru dinner anyway then go back and change in tshirts & shorts for rest of the night. For an overall neat look why not just go with resort wear during hot summer cruises?

So now this thread has me thinking. On our wedding cruise, Tuesday night (from what I am told it is the 2nd night of a 5 night cruise) is formal night. Well we are getting married on WEDNESDAY! So that means I am going to dress up on formal night and then be wearing my wedding dress on Wednesday night. I figured if I am paying for a wedding dress I'm going to wear it ALL DAY!! So, what do you think, will it be really strange to be wearing my dress on a non-formal night? And I truly plan to wear it all day since I want to go dancing in the clubs after dinner too.

This is the style of wedding dress I am going for.

150546_467857536985_713941985_6145390_5107358_n.jpg

Yes wear it no matter what dining night it is. I have seen women wear full length wedding gowns to dinner. It will be so much fun, and congrats!

So now this thread has me thinking. On our wedding cruise, Tuesday night (from what I am told it is the 2nd night of a 5 night cruise) is formal night. Well we are getting married on WEDNESDAY! So that means I am going to dress up on formal night and then be wearing my wedding dress on Wednesday night. I figured if I am paying for a wedding dress I'm going to wear it ALL DAY!! So, what do you think, will it be really strange to be wearing my dress on a non-formal night? And I truly plan to wear it all day since I want to go dancing in the clubs after dinner too.

This is the style of wedding dress I am going for.

150546_467857536985_713941985_6145390_5107358_n.jpg

Just got off the Pride and there was a wedding on day 3 (we were in the steakhouse and saw them, through the window, doing photos up above us). Our elegant nights were day 2 and day 6. That bride wore her dress around the ship...we later saw her come into the Starry Nights when we were there for karaoke. Her groom had on some type of uniform (looked like police).

And I wore cocktail dresses every night to dinner (except one night I wore Bermuda shorts and a nice top...which I wouldn't normally do but we thought we were just going to the buffet and then looked at the Fun Times and nothing was going on that night, so we went to the MDR spur of the moment). So go for it!! Congrats!

Here we are in our Elegant Clothes - Weeeee Doggies

SP1b_1025_ph101022_345.jpg.cms

Let me tell 'ya a little story 'bout a man named Jed... Poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed, then one day he was shootin' at some food, next thing ya know he's a-takin' a Carnival Cruise! :D

For those who posted serious answers and pictures, thank you!! :D

Everyone looks so great in their pictures with the exception of the beverly hillbillies.

I have a 8 year old son and I am trying to figure out what to put him in.

When my boys were that age they wore khaki pants and either a nice shirt or a polo type shirt. My older has always loved ties, so he would wear one. My rule for them was they had to look nice and wear long pants.

Where did you get that yellow gown?? It is beautiful!

Second this! I wasn't going to ask where you got it though- I was just going to say it is drop-dead gorgeous! Yellow is my absolute favorite color in everything. If I had my way, everything I owned from my car to my socks would be yellow. Here is the dress I bought for formal night on my upcoming first cruise. Hoped it wasn't "too much"... And your other gowns are much like what my daughters will be wearing, so I'm relieved they won't be too over-the-top. Thanks for the reassurance!

232990980692163167_bBJJJE1e_c.jpg

ETA: Comments addressed to cluelyss18

Why do you care what other people wear? I don't get people. Do you judge books by their cover? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. What you wear doen't give you class, dignity or rule abider. What it does give some is Snobbiness and nose in the air , your all that. Those that dress up because they like to is great, those that dress up to try and impress others are a joke and usually the ones who put down others by what they wear.No I'm not talking about cut off shorts. tank tops and hats.

afthole

Second this! I wasn't going to ask where you got it though- I was just going to say it is drop-dead gorgeous! Yellow is my absolute favorite color in everything. If I had my way, everything I owned from my car to my socks would be yellow. Here is the dress I bought for formal night on my upcoming first cruise. Hoped it wasn't "too much"... And your other gowns are much like what my daughters will be wearing, so I'm relieved they won't be too over-the-top. Thanks for the reassurance!

232990980692163167_bBJJJE1e_c.jpg

ETA: Comments addressed to cluelyss18

love this dress!!!

For those who posted serious answers and pictures, thank you!! :D

Everyone looks so great in their pictures with the exception of the beverly hillbillies.

I have a 8 year old son and I am trying to figure out what to put him in.

My son is 8 as well and loves to get a vest, dress shirt and tie and nice dress slacks and shoes. he doesn't like jackets but happily wears the rest - you can look on line, i have found great sets for him at a reasonable price.

Archived