Evening entertainment with kids?

mbrown2097

Hello all,

Destiny in June - Will have boys 9 and 7. From what I can remember (10 yrs ago), the evening entertainment was questionable for children. Are the stage shows and comedy acts suitable for kids now or not?

Hello all,

Destiny in June - Will have boys 9 and 7. From what I can remember (10 yrs ago), the evening entertainment was questionable for children. Are the stage shows and comedy acts suitable for kids now or not?

Our kids always go to the shows with us and enjoy them. They are 17 and 15 now but they have been going with us since they were 7 and 4. The Fun Times will tell you if the show is rated PG or not. Sometimes the dancers have outfits with thong type bottoms on and do a quick flash but they have skin colored tights on too. You are actually seeing less than you do out by the pool. Just don't make a big deal out of it. DD is a competitive dancer and she just rolls her eyes when they have costumes on like that.

Hello all,

there was no problem with any of the shows from the time the youngest was 4. you just have to avoid the midnight r rated shows. mine were sleeping at that time at that age.

Not to Hijack the thread - but does anyone know the hours for Camp Carnival? My 8 & 10yo will probably not have a problem at the shows, but our 4yo might.

Can we take our 4yo to camp carnival during a show? is there an additional cost?

Not to Hijack the thread - but does anyone know the hours for Camp Carnival? My 8 & 10yo will probably not have a problem at the shows, but our 4yo might.

Can we take our 4yo to camp carnival during a show? is there an additional cost?

sure you can. no charge.

Most of the shows on the Inspiration and Sensation were suitable for kids, except for the adult comedy shows, but those don't start until late at night.

One show on the Sensation was questionable IMO. It was rated PG-13 due to costumes. As another posted said, the girls wore thongs for most of the show. I was in the front row, and while I saw flesh colored material covering the belly, arms, and legs in certain scenes, they weren't always wearing them with the thongs. I honestly thought the use of these costumes was unnecessary and inappropriate for an early evening show. The show would have been just as good if the dancers had their a$$es covered and then parents could have brought all of their children without questioning the content.

Most of the shows on the Inspiration and Sensation were suitable for kids, except for the adult comedy shows, but those don't start until late at night.

One show on the Sensation was questionable IMO. It was rated PG-13 due to costumes. As another posted said, the girls wore thongs for most of the show. I was in the front row, and while I saw flesh colored material covering the belly, arms, and legs in certain scenes, they weren't always wearing them with the thongs. I honestly thought the use of these costumes was unnecessary and inappropriate for an early evening show. The show would have been just as good if the dancers had their a$$es covered and then parents could have brought all of their children without questioning the content.

the thongs are worn over body suits.

Camp Carnival has no additional charge until 10 pm - after that, there's an hourly rate. Our youngest was 4 on our first cruise and he loved Camp Carnival. Now he's 12 and has "graduated" to Circle C, and he's looking forward to it.

the thongs are worn over body suits.

Well from the front row, it appeared that they were normally worn over wide fishnet stockings.

I wouldn't have had a problem with my teenagers watching this show, but I know if my kids had been in the 6-11 range they would have been asking me why the ladies had their butts showing.

And even if they are wearing flesh-colored body suits all of the time, there's no reason for Carnival to try to create the impression that they aren't wearing anything.

Well from the front row, it appeared that they were normally worn over wide fishnet stockings.

I wouldn't have had a problem with my teenagers watching this show, but I know if my kids had been in the 6-11 range they would have been asking me why the ladies had their butts showing.

And even if they are wearing flesh-colored body suits all of the time, there's no reason for Carnival to try to create the impression that they aren't wearing anything.

that's the idea of burlesque.

but i do remember my DD (7 at the time) the next morning putting her underwear in an extreme wedgie, proclaiming SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL. we got a good laugh out of it, and none of it made us uptight.

Archived