Things you wish you WOULDN'T have packed..

scarface

The other passengers wished I wouldn't have packed my speedo!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Just kidding!! I would never subject my fellow passengers to that:D

On a serious note, I wish I wouldn't have packed two suits on my first cruise. Yes, I learned my lesson:)

I try so hard each cruise to pack less and less clothing! You'd think after so many cruises we would all be packing divas! I end up having a luggage meltdown when I finally (the nigh before) close it up and weigh it (yes I have a portable digital luggage scale which i travel with as well).....hoping I come in UNDER the 50 lb airline weight limit! (I usually don't and end up stuffing the 'heavy stuff' into my carryon which then destroys my shoulder as I haul it around the airport!).

I do have a 'list' of what I plan to wear every day - have cut down as much as possible on shoes and purses - but still end up with too much clothes!! This time I think i will leave some of my makeup at home - no I don't really need every shade of lipstick/lip gloss ever invented and all those 'just in case' items I might possibly use! Wish me luck!

My first cruise I took one of those over the door show holders...I think it is still in the package in the "what to do with this?" drawer of my dresser! I never used it and will never take it back again....there has never been an issue with space....

I always take too many clothes too!

How funny this thread was so old and got dredged up again!

I always pack too many clothes...even after paring it down little by little over the years, I still come home with clothes I didn't wear. However, I have had a couple of cruises with crappy weather where we didn't have enough warm stuff to wear. I have learned to watch the weather forecasts and re-pack accordingly if necessary.

I am a fan of the over the door shoe hanger for the bathroom...hate clutter! I also always bring duct tape. Can't remember if we've ever needed it, but I will continue to bring it "just in case"! Same with the medicine/first aid stuff. You just never know, and it doesn't take up too much space in the luggage.

Boo

I would definitely leave behind the Nintendo DS--like the other users laptop--it never got used once!!! I dragged it all the way there for nothing.

I should have also left a few health/beauty tiems behind as wel.

Shoe rack--useless! I bring three or four pairs of shoes--sandals, flip flops, runners (winter cruises only), and dress shoes!

The ship does have duct tape- Just in Case. My first cruise I wondered and worried over the dt but upon arriving onboard I looked at the wiring around the photographers- miles and miles of the stuff. And although it takes up little space and the extra first aid stuff takes up little space and the bungee cord takes up little space and the .......I think you get it. After you add up enough of the stuff, it takes an entire extra suitcase. The only time I ever had a real I Wish I had Brought was in the middle of Siberia when my mascara broke. Now there you really couldn't get a replacement. Anyplace else I have been I could always replace whatever I needed. And I have traveled to some fairly odd places.

last cruise i took a small set of speakers because i thought we might listen to the ipod while we were in the room. #1-we weren't in the room that long. #2-it's a pain going through security at the airport. they pulled me to the side and searched my carry on. i didn't want them to get messed up but they went in my checked bag on the way back. that was a complete waste of space(& weight) in my bag.

Three women in one cabin. OK, two of them wer 18 years old, but we needed the "shoe hanger"! Everything at your fingertips. We also used it on a family cruise with two adults and two kids in an inside cabin. Everyone has their own "cubbies" for their stuff and everything is visible. Never have to dig around in a bag looking for things. Works for us anyway!

InspirationCruise2008153-1.jpg

Like pretty much everyone else has said, next time a good portion of thoe clothes are staying home. As Floridians, we have been lucky thus far to be able to drive to our ports of departure. Next cruise though, we're flying to Puerto Rico so we'll have to observe those pesky weight restrictions for the airlines. That's never been a concern before! We'll also be leaving the laptop at home.

Archived