water and pregnant? thoughts?

Hi all! Ive been on many cruises and always drink the water with no problem, sometimes i feel a bit bloated- who knows if its water or food lol! my question is- do you think there is any salt left in the drinking water- or enough that would make a pregnant lady like myself swell??? (should i pack my own- i would prefer not to?) thanks!

Might depend on the ship? I had a pregnant friend who went on the Monarch and by day three she said she could barely walk because her feet and ankles were so swollen. She thought there was something wrong with her pregnancy, but was told by the infirmary that it was due to the large amounts of water she had been drinking on the ship and that all of the salt really adds up if their water is all you are drinking. I would recommend bringing your own or getting it in the first port you stop in.

If you're concerned, someone on another thread mentioned she always brings a Brita Bottle w/ her. The bottle has a filter, you fill it and as you drink out of it, the water is filtered. And right now Target is having a sail on them. Doesn't take up much room and it's not heavy or too big. Just the right size to fill it up, throw it in the fridge and bring w/ you on an excursion too.

The food has a lot of salt in it. The water does not. There have been many threads on this subject and several people who know what they are talking about have weighed in. The water is purer than you get our of your tap at home.

Good question. I'm also pregnant and sailing in a few weeks on the Oasis. Didn't think about the water having salt in it, but I'll just go with the flow. If I get uncomfortable I guess we'll be shelling out money for water bottles while onboard. My feeling is that we'll be just fine! Have an awesome cruise! How many weeks will you be on your sailing?

thanks guys! i just hate lugging water to the port but i guess i can get our taxi driver to stop on our way to the port if i need to- they will still let us bring water on right?

Ill be 21 weeks- what about you?

Archived