Little French Key?

Messunderstood

We decided to go with a private guided tour on Roatan so we can pick where we wanna go. This will probably be more interesting to my 16 year old too. I've read there is Fosters Resort for $10pp and Infinity Bay $35 pp....Bananarama $10 pp... The Beach Club $25pp. I have a list here somewhere

WEST END HALF MOON BAY BEACH

( No access fees)Restaurants and bars availableGreat snorkelingClear waterExcellent Seafood availableShopping nd SouvenirsSnorkeling rentals available $10 - $12 per set

WEST BAY BEACHLarge comprehensiveVery cleanClear waterWhite sandy beachRestaurants and bars availableGood snorkelingSnorkeling Rentals available $10 - $12 per setKayak rentals available

Notice: There are seven places of access in order for you to get on West Bay Beach.

#1 Mayan Princess Resort area (based on first come firsted served). Excellent Restaurant and Bar.. Entrance fees: $ 25 per person*. Include: Nice clean facilities, Impeccable swimming pool, Beach chair, Huts.*. Parking lot close to beach

#2 Foster's Resort*Area (based on first come firsted served). Excellent Restaurant and Bar.. Entrance fees: $ 10. per person. Include Beach Chairs and facilities. Beach chair Not included.. Parking lot close to beach

#3 Bananarama Resort Area*. Entrance fees $10 per person. Beach chair Not includedIncludes: Nice clean facilities, Beach chair or one welcome drink.Restaurant and Bar available (Based on first come first served). 2 1/2 block walk to get to beach

#4 The Beach Club (based on first come firsted served). Excellent Restaurant and Bar.. Entrance fees: $ 10 per person*. Includes: Nice clean facilities, Impeccable Beach chair, Huts.*. Parking lot close to beach

#5 Infinity Bay (more fancy). Entrance fees: $ 25 per person.. Excellent restaurant and bar*. Includes: Nice clean facilities, Impeccable Pool, Beach chair, Pool chairs,T owel.*. Parking lot close to beach

#6 Gran Roatan ResortGood easy snorkel access*Excellent Restaurant and BarEntrance fees: $30 per person.Include:Nice clean facilities Beach chairs,Huts-Parking lot close to beach.

#7 West Bay Beach Free access*will allow you to access to the beach only.

There are four ships in port the day I'm there :eek:

Anyone been to Tabyana Beach? I'm going to look into a catamaran sail too.

I don't go til December, so I'm going to read reviews on LFK for a while and see if the crowd situation becomes an issue. I really have my ♥ set on it :p

There are four ships in port the day I'm there :eek:

Anyone been to Tabyana Beach? I'm going to look into a catamaran sail too.

I don't go til December, so I'm going to read reviews on LFK for a while and see if the crowd situation becomes an issue. I really have my ♥ set on it :p

There is only our boat & 1 other when we go in May.. I did have my heart set on it also but now thinking I'll just save a little money & go elsewhere..

Thx for the list. Have a great time!! Let us know how you like it if you get a chance when you get back.. :)

Oh I'm doing the private tour. I canceled my reservation with LFK already. I will let you know how the beaches are. I plan on writing an extensive review upon return

Oh I'm doing the private tour. I canceled my reservation with LFK already. I will let you know how the beaches are. I plan on writing an extensive review upon return

I don't blame you.. I just meant I'd love to hear about Roatan..Never been there.. Looking forward to your review when you return..Have a great time!!

Just for an update for this thread.... I emailed LFK and cancelled our reservation for September. I was very kind, stating we are big fans, touting our awesome experience last year on CC and TripAdvisor often. I then explained how we were disheartened at the recent news they were allowing CCL excursions, and due to recent reviews, we had decided to cancel this time and try them again on a trip we're the only ship in port. His response was UNBELIEVEABLY condescending. It was somewhat similar to an attack he posted to a negative Trip Advisor review (you need to see that too!:eek: ). It appears an attempt to convince the "uneducated, unreasonable American" that their decision to cancel is irrational. His response is posted below. I'll have to say we were reading his response at the beginning as simply "pleading his case"... until the end...when he basically compared our decision to cancel without experiencing it for ourselves to deciding to stay in bed for fear something would go bad that day. :confused: It came off as very odd and egotistical. The point is, if I book and show up, and there are 250 other people there, it's TOO LATE at that point to go somewhere else! That's what reviews are for--to let others know what's going on. By the way, we were JUST there October 2013, and there were no "washed away" portions of the island to be "reclaimed," as his response states. I just can't imagine that island with 300 people on it not being crowded. Anyway...his response is below so you can judge for yourselves whether to give him your money. (And there are NO changes to his response. It is letter for letter, weird spelling for God and all!)

"Dear Larissa, please let the Wagners know that Little French Key is a very new and continually evolving location and destination and that thank G/d that is a sign of any successful venture. That we now have much larger areas including the reclaimed portions of the Island that were once washed away...additional bars and kitchens, bathrooms, swim areas, massage rooms, spa snorkel boats and equipment and capacity than we did before since we started, all this has been done while keeping the tranquility and peacefulness of the place intact and paramount, and insuring that the special mystical feeling you get when you visit is in no way diminished...that our family actually lives on the Island and have done so since before we ever opened it to public to share it based on our spiritual teachers advise and that overcrowding is not what we want or are for before it becomes anyone else's concern. That is why we do limit the number of people that visit us each day including the mini Carnival Tour which we are trying for a brief period of time and may discontinue in any event.

Although we are thankful that they are a fan and recommend us and have let us know their personal reason for canceling, to not visit us based on their fears and not their own actual experience and facts is not something we can address, it is in abstract....yes they have their choice, they also have a choice of not getting out of bed in the morning in the fear that G/d forbid something bad may happen that means not much to decide on, we hope that they reconsider.

Kindest regards..."

Yes this reads a lot like the nasty responses to reviews on TA. Glad I went with my initial gut feeling!

We've already booked an RCI excursion to Maya Key (formerly named Fins 'n Flippers). TA reviews are amazing, the island is much bigger, and they've been doing this for years, so they know how to deal with cruisers. There's just one other ship in port with us, so looked like a good choice.

I know one bad review can really hurt your ranking, even if you have hundreds of positive ones on TA. It will be very interesting to watch the reviews and their TA ranking if they do begin having 300 guests a day.

I've been looking at the beaches on the West Bay and I think I'm in love ♡♥♡♥♡

We've already booked an RCI excursion to Maya Key (formerly named Fins 'n Flippers). TA reviews are amazing, the island is much bigger, and they've been doing this for years, so they know how to deal with cruisers. There's just one other ship in port with us, so looked like a good choice.

How do you find out how many ships are in port on a specific day?

I just changed my ship and itinerary so now I'm only there with two other ships, none of which are Carnival, so maybe there won't be any ship excursions.

I still think I'm going to check it out. This is seriously one of the reasons I picked an itinerary with Roatan. We'll see if they start offering excursions to other cruise lines -- that may be a deal breaker.

Those of you that have recently visited LFK or plan to this year, let us know how your day turned out!