Little French Key?

Messunderstood

Just arrived home from RC cruise.

Little French key is awesome for any group.

Great for kids if watched around the cat and monkeys.

Water perfect, drinks cheap.

Cab fare was a 80 dollar attempt by the taxi **** at the gate.

I said no way and started to walk he agreed to 40 for me and my wife both ways. The driver was nice and when we arrived at LF Key he said 40 $

I said no 40 on return, there was no problem. He picked us up and I gave him 50. The ride was about 20 minutes tops each way.

I did not catch this was your first post to CC. Welcome! Please note how valuable CC is in helping to save a lot of dollars! Could have saved you paying for a taxi! I am sort of confused as when we made our reservation we were told where to meet the LFK bus for the ride. Did you not make reservations? Thanks!

Hi, How far is the walk from the port where Carnival Freedom ports to the outside gate where we meet the people for LFK? I read on the site that we could take a taxi to the outside gate but on the return they can bring us all of the way to the boat.

Hi, How far is the walk from the port where Carnival Freedom ports to the outside gate where we meet the people for LFK? I read on the site that we could take a taxi to the outside gate but on the return they can bring us all of the way to the boat.

It's a bit of a hike, a few people in our group had a toga time of it. It was super hot the day we went. Coming back they definitely can and will bring you back inside the gates!

Answered my own question. LOL! Found this on their site under reservation:

For guests arriving at the Mahogany Bay Port terminal: If you wish to avoid the short walk to the outside of the gate you can always use the services of a Taxi from the inside of the port for $2 per person to reach our pick up point outside of the Port’s gate. The good news is that in the afternoon when you return to the ship, we are allowed by the Port’s rules to drop you off all the way inside the port”.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Little French Key last week. Overall, we really loved it! Here's what we liked -

* Loved the look of the island - beautiful trees, plenty of shade, plenty of sun, nicely kept grounds, lots of different places to hang out

* The staff was very nice and accommodating

* The facilities were clean and well maintained

* The drinks were good (Monkey LaLa was awesome!!)

*Overall, a good value

Didn't like -

* The bartender at one of the bars kept ringing a bell CONSTANTLY and it really disrupted the peaceful vibe of the place

* There was a very drunk 16 year old boy on our return bus, so apparently, they serve alcohol to minors

* The lunch wasn't so great for the money we paid

I would go back there, but would get the $55 package and split a lunch with my husband. You can buy one without the package. I do recommend the place! Beautiful!!!

I am also wondering about the $55 package vs $88 package. I don't eat seafood or drink alcohol, so the price would really be wasted on me if food is the only difference. Can I purchase food a la carte there?

Has anyone gone horse back riding there? We are thinking of doing that.

We were there in October so unless something has changed, the only difference with the $55 package is the food and 2 drinks that are included in the $88 package. We did the $55 package and just bought food and drinks ala carte. We could access all the beach areas and chairs but brought our own snorkels so I am not sure about water sports.