Serenity on Dream.

I didn't purchase anything special. When I went onto the serenity deck after a massage, I was looked at like I was wearing horns or something, like I didn't belong. Whatever, I didn't want to sit there anyway.

We did find the Dream "secret" deck. There are no chairs or anything to lounge in, just a bench or two. No one was ever on it, maybe one or two other people. And at night, it is super dark and super quiet. I loved going there day or not. Just go all the way forward on deck 9 i think and then take the outside stairs up to deck 10. There are no lights or anything so if you venture out there at night, be careful!

We just returned from the Dream and booked a Spa Balcony.

Other than using the showers twice and the thalassotherapy pool twice, we never used the spa.

Carnival tried very hard all week selling the spa to non spa cabins and did a great job, so it was always crowded.

There is no place within the spa to get some sun.

All the rooms are covered.

To get sun you'd have to go to the Serenity Deck, which was also always crowded.

We had a spa cabin on Dream so the access to the t-pool and thermal suites came with it. We really enjoyed using it. We usually have late dinner, so while everyone was getting reading for early seating we were able to use the t-pool, then relax on those warm tile loungers while watching the sun set. Having a cup of herbal tea in the cooling room after was just the icing on the cake. We never used the showers in that area, but they looked really nice and had nicer hair dryers.

Although the elevator takes you up through that area, you do not need special access to take the elevator up to serenity deck. You also do not need to take the elevator, as it can be accessed by the outside stairs on the side of the ship from the upper decks. I really wasn't impressed with the serenity deck. It was always crowded and not worth my time to wander around hoping to find and open lounger.

We also bought the Spa package for $249 per couple as soon as we get on the ship...it was SOOOOOOO worth it. The T-pool was awesome.....and the steam room was fantastic.

The convenience of the Serenity Deck being up near the Spa is nice, but it's not exclusive to Spa deck sor packages. Myself, I didn't care for it because I prefer to be near a pool.......which is why I liked the old Adults only pool areas on Legend & Miracle....which now have received "Serenity" updates....

What you need to watch out for are people who "sneak in"...which can make the T-pool crodwed with a bunch of people who did not pay. So look for people without wristbands and have them kicked out!

Archived