HAL Customer service

Frogso

While trying to decide on how to see Hawaii, we considered a Perillo tour. I called Perillo to ask them some questions about the tour and they told me to call my travel agent if I was booking through an agent. I've been hesitant to call the HAL offices with my questions. Has anyone had any experience dealing directly with them?

Thanks!

Yes. Many of us have had wonderful experiences dealing directly with HAL representatives.

As a suggestion, how about beginning here with some of your questions. We have some VERY experienced cruisers here. There are some who have sailed more than 1,000 days with the company. There is very little about HAL cruises that cannot be answered here IMO

Frogso,

I find it odd that a Perillo representative would be reluctant to answer your questions about a Perillo Tour. While I have not used this Company, they have a sterling reputation, according to my Travel Agent. If you booked your cruise directly with HAL, I would call Perillo back and tell them this. HAL would not be able to answer questions about a Perillo Tour, in my opinion.

I'm a bit confused with this question as well. If you're considering a Perillo tour, why would you want to call HAL with your question? My understanding from your post is that Perillo told you to call your TA with questions if you're planning to book thru your TA.

Is part of the tour a HAL cruise? If so, then I agree with Sail that most questions might be answered here. But if it's a specific question about Perillo then I'm not sure that we could help you.

Just to clear up what seems to be a misconception drawn from my post, I'm already booked on HAL. My questions to Perillo were during the planning stages. I've asked a few questions on the board and read many posts and still some of my questions and concerns are not answered. My only question in my initial post was if anyone had any experience with HAL customer service. My thanks to sail7seas and upsndowns for your direct reply to my question.

I'm sorry, Frogsgo, for completely misunderstanding your question. You did not mention you had already booked on HAL and I foolishly assumed you were booking a Perillo tour possibly including a HAL cruise. I don't think that was such a stretch, but I apologize nonetheless.

For the record, if you still care, I have always had amazingly good luck with HAL's ships services when calling with questions. They are more than helpful and generally we end up laughing, joking and almost acting like good friends.

However, if you check these boards you will find many conflicting reports about their service.

Frogso,

I find it odd that a Perillo representative would be reluctant to answer your questions about a Perillo Tour. While I have not used this Company, they have a sterling reputation, according to my Travel Agent. If you booked your cruise directly with HAL, I would call Perillo back and tell them this. HAL would not be able to answer questions about a Perillo Tour, in my opinion.

This is exactly what I thought.

I think even mentioning Perillo and your conversation with them is what was so confusing. I'm not sure why you even mentioned Perillo and why you didn't just say you had booked with HAL and you were wondering how easy it was to deal with HAL Customer Service.

You would have had many more good replies if you had just asked a simple question, which yours really was.

Don't bother calling Hal because even if you died they wouldn't help you. They haven't helped me since my friend Zoltan got sick on the 2-05-05 cruise to Mexico and they dumped us off in a filthy hospital in Cabo.

The infection that Zoltan got on the ship was just to much for his heart and kidneys, and he died 3-22-05. I am broken hearted and I needed to vent.

Jackie Sherwood:(

OMG Jackie, I'm so very sorry to hear that. What a horrible situation to be in having a sick friend in a foreign country. HAL certainly should have done something to help you.

Archived