To those who sailed Fantasy and used NativeChoice for the Chacchoben Ruins

yoyomum

Hello, we sail the Fantasy on Saturday and would like to hear reviews about those who did the Chacchoben tour with NativeChoice. Fantasy's time on Costa Maya is short and I want to hear how the tour went with NativeChoice - if it was rushed, or if you almost missed the boat etc.. I still have a couple of days to cancel so I would love to hear some feedback! I know we will be the only boat on that day in Costa Maya so that's a good thing as well.

I have not done that tour while sailing on the Fantasy, but I did tour the Chacchoben Ruins with them in 2005. It was a wonderful tour, and so personal as Ivan grew up in the little house next to the ruins. If they said they can get you back to the ship in time, then I'm sure they will.

I did the tour with Native Choice in 2010, but I had more time (7 hours, I believe it was) in port. Just so you know, you will lose some time while they take you from the port area to their offices on the other side of the town ("New Mahahual," I think they call it) and then sort out the customers onto the correct tours. Add to that the one hour each way from the town to the ruins, and I would guess you won't have more than 2 hours at the ruins themselves. That is enough time to see it, but you won't be able to dawdle.

When we did this tour, we took our own sweet time at the ruins; but there wasn't a great deal of time left over when we got back to the port. We browsed the shops and then boarded the ship. I am confident that Native Choice will get you back to the ship on time, but be aware that you might have to hurry things along.

Archived