A neat "lost and found" story from my Freedom cruise

They do...Wow cards or something. I forget, but you get them in your room on 1st day.

I want to sincerely apologize. I think you thought that I was personally attacking you and your statement. I got caught up in the course of discussion, and was questioning Mr. Fain's information (who I now know is in RCI leadership).

Again I am very sorry and do not ever intentionally try to hurt anybody. If you were hurt, I am sorry, but again please know it was not aimed at you.

Sorry to everybody else for this OT post (about the ridiculously contentious tobacco post).

Ryan, what a wonderful story! And Tim, how nice of you to seek out Alpheus on your upcoming cruise.

I'm gonna be real happy to do this. The staff work sooooooooooooooo hard for us to have a good time. It will be nice to pat one of them on the back for a job well done!!!

Tim

That is very nice. I think you can find someone at RCI to tell and may also ask for the hotel manager's email address on the ship so that person can give it a personal touch. Hotel mangers love it when you applaud one of their people and usually recognize them for it. :D

I used to work at a large hotel on the Strip in Las Vegas, and there was a wall by the employee entrance where complimentary letters about employees going above and beyond were posted for all 3,000+ employees to read every day.

Knowing that this kind of thing can be a big motivator, and also having suffered through WAY too much bad service at places, I wrote my own complimentary letter once -- not ABOUT me, but FROM me. My husband and I ate a restaurant at a small off-strip hotel one night, and everything was just fantastic -- the hostess, the server, the busser, the food. Way better than what we had expected from the place. So, I wrote a letter to the F&B director at the hotel praising everyone up and down. A couple of months later, I called to make a dinner reservation at the other restaurant at that hotel, and when I have them my name, the woman taking the reservation said, "Oh! We know you!"

Thanks to the cabin steward for returning the photo, and thanks to YOU of letting the higher-ups know.

Just thought i would update you all :)

I emailed Adam Goldstein yesterday morning and provided a link to this thread along with copying and pasting exactly what i wrote here. I also told him what a wonderful time I had on my cruise and how much I enjoyed the Freedom of the Seas.

he replied back to me at 8:47 pm last night thanking me for sharing the story and thanked me for crusing with RCI.

Today at 1pm while i was at lunch, I got a voicemail from Justin "from the executive office of Royal Caribbean" thanking me for sharing the story and also reassuring me that Mr Goldstein forwarded my email on to Freedom of the Seas so Alpheus could be commended on a job well done.

Now I have no idea if it was actually Adam Goldstein last night or not but I have no reason to believe it wasnt. I just thought that the man probably gets hundreds of emails a day with most of them being complaints and he would want to hear a positive story for a change :)

i do hope Alpheus gets commended for being an excellent cabin attendant and going above and beyond to get my mothers picture back to her though.

Wed 5/9/2012 8:47 PM

Ryan,

Thanks for passing along this nice story. Thanks for cruising with us.

Best regards,

Adam

Adam M. Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

(305) 539 6082

Just thought i would update you all :)

I emailed Adam Goldstein yesterday morning and provided a link to this thread along with copying and pasting exactly what i wrote here. I also told him what a wonderful time I had on my cruise and how much I enjoyed the Freedom of the Seas.

he replied back to me at 8:47 pm last night thanking me for sharing the story and thanked me for crusing with RCI.

Today at 1pm while i was at lunch, I got a voicemail from Justin "from the executive office of Royal Caribbean" thanking me for sharing the story and also reassuring me that Mr Goldstein forwarded my email on to Freedom of the Seas so Alpheus could be commended on a job well done.

Now I have no idea if it was actually Adam Goldstein last night or not but I have no reason to believe it wasnt. I just thought that the man probably gets hundreds of emails a day with most of them being complaints and he would want to hear a positive story for a change :)

i do hope Alpheus gets commended for being an excellent cabin attendant and going above and beyond to get my mothers picture back to her though.

It probably was the real AG. He may not read all of the emails that come in to him, but I'll bet that he saw this one just because it was a positive response. You did a good thing. for Alpheus - positive guest comments are worth their weight in gold.:)

It probably was the real AG. He may not read all of the emails that come in to him, but I'll bet that he saw this one just because it was a positive response. You did a good thing. for Alpheus - positive guest comments are worth their weight in gold.:)

Ha! The subject of the email I sent him was actually titled "A positive note for a change" LOL

Ha! The subject of the email I sent him was actually titled "A positive note for a change" LOL

Which is probably why he responded to it, it's nice to get good news! I sent one of these to our HS principal about a staff member who went above and beyond recently! Everyone appreciates good news too!

Ryano, I wonder if maybe your mothers story will end up on the website/FB page? I often see stories like that there, especially since it was such a valuable old photo.

• 2 weeks later...
Which is probably why he responded to it, it's nice to get good news! I sent one of these to our HS principal about a staff member who went above and beyond recently! Everyone appreciates good news too!

Ryano, I wonder if maybe your mothers story will end up on the website/FB page? I often see stories like that there, especially since it was such a valuable old photo.

Looks like you called that one correctly:D

Was it there?? Oh, I missed it! I'll have to check their page... I was just thinkin' like a CEO;)

Its not there yet but I did sign the release and send it back so it will be there within a couple weeks.

The lady told me that Adam wants to write his blog and link my story. I have zero problem with that :) Everyone needs to hear the good about RCI once in a while since there are so many complainers out there.

• 2 weeks later...
if you could pass along a big THANK YOU from "Ryan in the wheelchair" he should most definitely remember me :)

Gifts are just needless stuff they dont have room to store. I took good care of him above and beyond prepaid gratuity wise so just a nice word of thanks from me and my mom would be great if you have time!

Ryano, I looked up Alpheus on Tuesday of our cruise, shook his hand, and told him of the story you posted here on CC. Man you should have seen the smile that was across his face, it was literally ear to ear!!!

Just to let you know, since you gave him praise to RCCL, his name was entered into a couple of drawings. One drawing he won a $20 phone card, this made him really happy as he got to talk with his family more than normal. The other drawing was dinner for two in Johnny Rockets.

He told me to tell you he really appreciated the THANK YOU!!!

It was truly our pleasure getting meet and talk to Alpheus. This was a neat experience.

Tim

Ryano, I looked up Alpheus on Tuesday of our cruise, shook his hand, and told him of the story you posted here on CC. Man you should have seen the smile that was across his face, it was literally ear to ear!!!

Just to let you know, since you gave him praise to RCCL, his name was entered into a couple of drawings. One drawing he won a $20 phone card, this made him really happy as he got to talk with his family more than normal. The other drawing was dinner for two in Johnny Rockets.

It was truly our pleasure getting meet and talk to Alpheus. This was a neat experience.

Tim

Awesome, Tim! I am so tickled to hear this! Thank you so much for going to see him.

I am so glad he was commended on a job well done. Thanks for sharing this with me :)

I will keep everyone posted as soon as I found out when they are going to do the "Wow of the Week"

This made my day!

Tim

What a great story! I find the best service is when you can tell someone really takes pride in their work, no matter what it is! Alpheus sounds like one of those people!:D I'm glad to hear there are rewards for the folks who work so hard and have positive reviews or comments!

Archived