LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from Zuiderdam first week to Alaska

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning, about to start work but yes for seeral years now we (Tom and I together) have unpacked right away unless we have a very late return flight. We have found we did not do it, the luggage seemed to stay out forever. We have now just got in the habit of doing it the minute we walk in the door. Now I will say my bags of my jewlery are stilling laying on top of my armour but I guess it just drives us nuts when the luggage is still there :D

The only signs we But Monday morning will have to get up early and hope my car has been fixed. It is in the body shop, I was reared ended a few weeks ago so figured while I was gone was the best time to get it in the shop since I had the check from the Insurance company of the guy who hit me.

Welcome back Lisa!

Karma got me for giving you a hard time about your accident - I got rear ended in our airport parking garage while I was gone on the 4 day Coastal! Worst part is that they did not leave a note or anything, so I had to pay the $720 deductable myself!! It is a shame how people fail to take responsiblity for their actions today.

Anyway, glad you had a great time - maybe we will join you next year.

DaveOKC

Welcome back Lisa!

Karma got me for giving you a hard time about your accident - I got rear ended in our airport parking garage while I was gone on the 4 day Coastal! Worst part is that they did not leave a note or anything, so I had to pay the $720 deductable myself!! It is a shame how people fail to take responsiblity for their actions today.

Anyway, glad you had a great time - maybe we will join you next year.

DaveOKC

Dave, I am sorry about your car, I found the emails from the body shop and it appears my car still might not be ready, they found more damange than originally thought so had to get the other insurance company out to reinspect and that was on Wednesday. No up date since then.

Also you really should consider joining us for next year. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the Welcome Home wishes, it is good to be back home but could have easily stayed on another week or two :)

I will try to upload the pictures from my good camera in the next few days and post them as well.

Thanks Lisa for all of the info you shared during your cruise. Looking forward to sailing with you & Tom next year on the 7 dayer. You mentioned you didn't go to Tracy Arm but that the next cruise will be going there. Do you know if it going to be the same next year for our cruise for May 11 2013 and we would not be seeing any of Tracy Arm on our cruise? Such a shame as they have it on the itinerary. Ken (KJW) was on the Oosterdam, while you were on the Zuiderdam and he said they saw it on their cruise. Happy you guys had a great cruise.

Diane

Welcome home Lisa & Tom.

Since we are on Zuiderdam July 28th, could you tell me which nights were your formal nights? Trying to figure out what nights we want to eat in the Pinnacle.

Glad you had a wonderful trip!!

Formal nights were Sunday and Wednesday and Le Cirque was also Wednesday so not sure if they may change this. More than likely they may change Le Cirque to a different night and keep the Formal night on Wednesday to it being the day of Glacier Bay which is early morning.

Thanks Lisa for all of the info you shared during your cruise. Looking forward to sailing with you & Tom next year on the 7 dayer. You mentioned you didn't go to Tracy Arm but that the next cruise will be going there. Do you know if it going to be the same next year for our cruise for May 11 2013 and we would not be seeing any of Tracy Arm on our cruise? Such a shame as they have it on the itinerary. Ken (KJW) was on the Oosterdam, while you were on the Zuiderdam and he said they saw it on their cruise. Happy you guys had a great cruise.

Diane

It is my understanding that this happened last year as well that it was on the itinerary but the claim they just do not go to Tracy Arm that first week :confused: So my guess is that even though we have it for our itinerary for next year it again will not happen.

I mentioned the other day that we had a unique Four Star Mariner photo taken so I took a pic with my phone.

Excuse the flash white ball right by JT's head he is the CD. Captain Turner was not there because he was not feeling well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1337559524364.jpg.fb871c95b2ed007e6cafc887125d82b5.jpg

So very unfortunate but trust me it made for a great 11 day cruise and HAL even considered it a Collectors Series for all of us on board that were Intransit doing the B2B so we got the perks of a Collectors Series. We are already booked for the Alaska portion again next year on the Zuiderdam and cannot wait!!

Loved your reports, Lisa. Could someone tell me what a "Collectors Series" is? I've tried finding it and see it mentioned, but not what it is . Is it more than just doing a back to back? Thanks for any info.

Loved your reports, Lisa. Could someone tell me what a "Collectors Series" is? I've tried finding it and see it mentioned, but not what it is . Is it more than just doing a back to back? Thanks for any info.

A Collectors Cruise combines back-to-back itineraries into one cruise booking.

I mentioned the other day that we had a unique Four Star Mariner photo taken so I took a pic with my phone.

Excuse the flash white ball right by JT's head he is the CD. Captain Turner was not there because he was not feeling well.

Great picture! Isn't JT just awesome! He really made our trip special. He reminded me a lot of Drew Murdoch. I told him that and he thanked me because Drew was sort of his mentor. I also like Captain Turner, a lot. Glad he didn't spread whatever he had, and I hope he got better, fast.

Maureen

"Bright Star" refers to a severe and/or life threatening medical emergency such as a person not breathing/no heart beat or a combination of both. The Bright Star announcement is broadcast by the Officer of the Watch (once he/she receives the initial call for help) from the Bridge over the ship's P/A system, both in crew and passenger areas. The PA announcement will include an exact location where on the vessel the patient is located, and result in an immediate response from several designated crew members;

i.e. a designated member of the Front Office staff will respond with an automated external defibrillator or AED kept at the entrance to the FO; the on-call nurse will respond, along with a stretcher team and a team bringing the so-called "crash cart", the passenger and crew physician will respond, the hotel manager, chief officer, security officer (acting in his role as Rescue Squad commander), other designated Bridge officers, and at least one Housekeeping supervisor (in charge of the stretcher team and the other, the asst. Rescue Squad commander) will respond. All in all, the response could include from a minimum of fifteen, up to twenty individuals. Besides the P/A announcement each designated member of the first responder team also receives a 911 message on their individual pagers.

As on land with paramedics/EMT/Fire, the goal onboard is to get there (to the victim's location) fast and to restore the ABC (Airway, Breathing and Circulation) of the victim/patient. Once stabilized, the patient/victim is taken to the ship's infirmary for additional care. Bright Star responses have saved lives! Unfortunately, as on land, in some cases it's just too late!

Is the Chaplain supposed to respond also? I always bring the oil of the sick with me for annointing.

Thanks Lisa for posting this picture of the Mariners party, it really turned out great. JT was so funny.

attachment.php?attachmentid=234099&d=1337559530

"Bright Star" refers to a severe and/or life threatening medical emergency such as a person not breathing/no heart beat or a combination of both. The Bright Star announcement is broadcast by the Officer of the Watch (once he/she receives the initial call for help) from the Bridge over the ship's P/A system, both in crew and passenger areas. The PA announcement will include an exact location where on the vessel the patient is located, and result in an immediate response from several designated crew members;

i.e. a designated member of the Front Office staff will respond with an automated external defibrillator or AED kept at the entrance to the FO; the on-call nurse will respond, along with a stretcher team and a team bringing the so-called "crash cart", the passenger and crew physician will respond, the hotel manager, chief officer, security officer (acting in his role as Rescue Squad commander), other designated Bridge officers, and at least one Housekeeping supervisor (in charge of the stretcher team and the other, the asst. Rescue Squad commander) will respond. All in all, the response could include from a minimum of fifteen, up to twenty individuals. Besides the P/A announcement each designated member of the first responder team also receives a 911 message on their individual pagers.

As on land with paramedics/EMT/Fire, the goal onboard is to get there (to the victim's location) fast and to restore the ABC (Airway, Breathing and Circulation) of the victim/patient. Once stabilized, the patient/victim is taken to the ship's infirmary for additional care. Bright Star responses have saved lives! Unfortunately, as on land, in some cases it's just too late!

Thanks so much for the very detailed explanation.

Archived