Cruise price reduction?

pennywaltz

I think I know the answer to this, but I am going to ask anyway since I'm a new cruiser. So I booked my second cruise with NCL back in April for July. Fare was $964pp+tax/portfee etc... Just saw the price for the same cabin class for $898... any chance NCL will give a price reduction of some sort or refund for the price difference?

I think my answer is no.. but wondering if anyone have raised this issue and got any deals out of it (i.e. onboard credit..etc.)..just to keep customers happy?

sometimes. It doesn't hurt to call and ask. Sometimes they will reduce the price (generally before you make full payment), and sometimes they'll give you some OBC. Worst they can say is no. Not much of a difference, but that's enough for a couple of specialty restaurants :)

some of it depends on if the cruise is booked directly with NCL or through a TA - and if the price you saw was direct or through a TA.

Recently my cabin price went down 20.00 pp for the first two :) and when my TA looked into it further he founde that the fare for the next pax went up 120 pp :eek:. Plus by rebooking I would loose my early booking OBC. So be careful about rebooking for lower prices - in my case it was a net -80.00 and my 300.00 OBC. :eek:

some of it depends on if the cruise is booked directly with NCL or through a TA - and if the price you saw was direct or through a TA.

Recently my cabin price went down 20.00 pp for the first two :) and when my TA looked into it further he founde that the fare for the next pax went up 120 pp :eek:. Plus by rebooking I would loose my early booking OBC. So be careful about rebooking for lower prices - in my case it was a net -80.00 and my 300.00 OBC. :eek:

Thanks for the heads up. I booked through a TA.. I am getting I think $100 or $120 in OBC..something like that.. so I guess I'm fine with losing out on $60.

Archived