taxinfrom palma to port

hi can anyonehelp, going on the dream on 9th june, been on many cruises with thompson before with my sister, she has not been for years, but thinks she wont be able to get up steps on coach due to knee problems, the ta has just told her she will have to get a taxi to port, i am sure coach drivers will/should have a small stool to help elderly people get on and off the coach, if we have to get a taxi anyone know how much it might cost, ta said about 75 to 100 Euros

thanks x looking forward to going back on dream after the last disaster, anyone else on this cruise, x

hi can anyonehelp, going on the dream on 9th june, been on many cruises with thompson before with my sister, she has not been for years, but thinks she wont be able to get up steps on coach due to knee problems, the ta has just told her she will have to get a taxi to port, i am sure coach drivers will/should have a small stool to help elderly people get on and off the coach, if we have to get a taxi anyone know how much it might cost, ta said about 75 to 100 Euros

thanks x looking forward to going back on dream after the last disaster, anyone else on this cruise, x

We looked into getting a taxi for a 45 minute journey to our hotel and were quoted 100 euros plus, so we took the Thomson coach:) It is not far at all from the airport to the port. Some of the TA's are really not very well informed as many of us on these boards have found out.

I think the difference in price may be that if Thomson book a taxi for you they quote the higher price and it is only for two people, whereas if you get a taxi yourself at the airport or port you will pay less and be able to take more than two people. If you do get a taxi, don't forget to tell someone from Thomson, or the coach will be held up for the others:eek::eek:

Certainly no need to get Thomson to pre-book a taxi as there are many, many parked outside both the Airport and Port buildings.

We took a shuttle coach from the Airport to Palma - stayed in a hotel overnight prior to the start of our cruise - and I had great difficulty in climbing the steps on to the bus (I am early fifties with arthritic knees); driver had no stool or anything to help me up. It was so much easier just jumping into a taxi when we got off the boat.

i think that is what she will do, seems so much easier and less embarassment strugling to get on coach, and yes we will let thompson staff know what we are doing, me and oh might get on coach with her luggage, and she and her oh can get in taxi, both of them are not the most agile of people, so might do that,

Sorry, I sounded a bit bossy about letting Thomson know :rolleyes:;)

It's just that when we got off the Spirit, we waited and waited for someone and then had to wait while they took their cases off :(

Not that we were in any rush to get home:)

ok thanks, just looked on site, but it seems its for coaches, so she would still find it hard, she is going to give it a try, and if too difficult, will get taxi, not long to go now, we have been on the dream before, and the emrald,clypso, destiny, celebration, cant beat thompson for looking after its customers, keep looking at the bigger ships, but think they are too impersonal, and dont think you would get to meet as many people:cool:

thanks for information, if coach steps too high, they will get a taxi, i know from past that it is not far to port, she has organised a wheel chair at manchester, so that helps, and you get to go on plane first, although your last getting off, thats not a problem cos cases are usually ready by then, :o

as i stated a few days ago my sister will find it difficult to climb onto the coach, so t a has said they will pay one way from palma to ship and she will have to pay the other way and said it will be about 70euros, yet a gentleman said they had travelled by taxi from ship to airport and it was just over 23 euros and took ten mins, anyone got any more info re this problem

As I wrote, the taxi fare on 12 May this year was just over €23 from the port terminal building to the airport terminal.

This was a taxi we picked up at the port rank not a pre-booked one and the fare was metered. The driver was really helpful with our luggage.

Here is the link to the official taxi company price list from the airport - the fare for 1-4 people from airport to port is quoted as €25

http://www.taxipmi.com/fares.htm

The fare from the airport to Alcudia - at least 5 times the journey at the opposite side of the island - is only €65!

I can only assume that your TA is quoting the price for a hire car booked through a shuttle company rather than the ordinary taxi service.

"yet a gentleman said they had travelled by taxi from ship to airport and it was just over 23 euros and took ten mins,"

By the way - if it was my post you were referring to I am no gentleman - at least that is what my husband tells me!

no need to tphone for a taxi just come outof airport taxi rank is on right - if you want a bus just walk stright ahead across a road 1st bus stop on right goes to cruise terminal tell driver where you want to get off but it is a bit of a walk so if walking problems a taxi would be better - on return bus stop a short walk actually in the port area also plenty of taxis available

enjoy

Many, many taxis waiting outside arrivals at Palma Airport and at least a dozen outside the port so no need to pre-book. If you don´t want to risk a meter fare just confirm the fare with the driver before you set off.

Archived