CONNECTING CABINS:Do you always have the sofa replaced by a chair?

We've been in connecting cabins a few times. The sofa is the sofa. The bed was by the balcony door and the connecting door was at the foot of the bed close to the balcony wall. Does this help? Or have I managed to make it as clear as mud? :p

Still confused...I have an INTERIOR connecting cabin (deck 3)..will I loose my sofa??

The ship is FOS.

We also have interior connecting cabins on FOS and I am told that there is no sofa, only a chair since the connecting door is in that area. Sounds like the OP is correct, if the bed is facing you when you enter, then only a chair but if the bed is on the side wall, then a sofa is there and the connecting door is at the foot of the bed.

We also have interior connecting cabins on FOS and I am told that there is no sofa, only a chair since the connecting door is in that area. Sounds like the OP is correct, if the bed is facing you when you enter, then only a chair but if the bed is on the side wall, then a sofa is there and the connecting door is at the foot of the bed.

so anyone know what the deal is on deck 3?

Our E1 cabins had the bed on the side wall, the balcony was at the end, but had chairs. Maybe it is dependent on the size of the cabin?

We had a chair in both rooms on Indy in March.

It was on Deck 7 E1 balcony, portside, midship.

The bed was on the side wall near the balcony, the connecting door was the other side of the bedside table and the chair was the other side of the door.

There was enough space but the coffee table seemed to always be in the way!

Hope this info is not too confusing.:confused:

We had a chair in both rooms on Indy in March.

It was on Deck 7 E1 balcony, portside, midship.

The bed was on the side wall near the balcony, the connecting door was the other side of the bedside table and the chair was the other side of the door.

There was enough space but the coffee table seemed to always be in the way!

Hope this info is not too confusing.:confused:

Okay, so that my ruins my theory regarding the bed being on the side wall guanteeing you keep the sofa. It would seem that some cabins have the connecting door opposite the end of the bed, thus keeping the sofa and others still have the door in the seating area, loosing them the sofa.

We had a connecting balcony room on Jewel of the Seas and the bed was in front of the balcony door and the connecting door was at the foot of the bed.

We had a connecting balcony room on the Liberty of the Seas, the room was set up the same way, but the connecting door was right before the bedside table and there was only a chair.

That usually bothers me because we love the sofa, but we actually enjoyed all the extra space in the room!

Diane

Has anyone had a connecting Oceanview on Radiance class? I am also wondering about the sofa and the position of the bed (is it under the window or alongside)? Or even if on another ship other than Radiance Class, as all Royal connecting oceanviews could possibly be the same?

I have asked this question previously with no response so am hoping someone here can help :confused:

Do you have the option of a PR room? We had one of those in a connecting cabin but had both our love seat and the window seat- it's a great configuration for only a little more than the inside price.
I agree a connecting PR is a great cabin, connecting or not. On Cabin Crawls we have seen E1's that suffer from the chair, personally wouldn't bother me since we rarely use the couch and in an inside cabin every inch is precious so a smaller piece of furniture your not going to use might be good. :D When our daughter had a PR we used both couches quite often. I love the layout of that cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived