Liberty vs. Independence

Booked a 6 night Western on Independence for this December for my large family celebration (my 40th, in-laws 50th anniversary). We will have 4 adults and 4 children ages 9-14. As I'm doing more research I'm thinking that we may enjoy the Liberty more, with DreamWorks, Broadway shows, Cupcake shop, etc. Liberty sails a similar route leaving a day later. For those of you who have sailed both, please provide your thoughts and opinions. Also, how difficult is it to switch reservations to another sailing and what is the process for that? We booked online. Thanks for your help!

Have been on both and loved both, with a slight preference for Indy, but has nothing to do with the ships. Just bad timing when I went on the Liberty, so couldn't enjoy it to the max.

Guess the Liberty is a 7 night cruise and that is always better than a 6 nighter;) what's the price difference?

Booked a 6 night Western on Independence for this December for my large family celebration (my 40th, in-laws 50th anniversary). We will have 4 adults and 4 children ages 9-14. As I'm doing more research I'm thinking that we may enjoy the Liberty more, with DreamWorks, Broadway shows, Cupcake shop, etc. Liberty sails a similar route leaving a day later. For those of you who have sailed both, please provide your thoughts and opinions. Also, how difficult is it to switch reservations to another sailing and what is the process for that? We booked online. Thanks for your help!

I have sailed both ships...as well as Liberty before and after her enhancements. With 4 kids 9-14 IMO they would probably enjoy the enhancements that Liberty has. I wouldn't say it's a complete deal breaker but if given the choice I would take Liberty or Freedom for that exact reason.. As far as changing a Dec sailing ....no problem...you are way pre-final....just give them a call.

We went through this same decision....

Liberty's enhancements a better choice for the kids, but Indy offered another day and Grand Cayman, a favorite port of mine.

I still go back and forth, but we chose Indy, being able to swim with the stingrays will make up for cupcakes and dreamworks characters in my opinion.

Been on Liberty and Independence 3 times each. We enjoyed both ships.

I liked the service and staff better on Indy and the food was better in the dining room also I thought.

If you are bringing your children I would go with Liberty as they would really like the new enhancements Liberty offers.:cool:

Nice to hear the outcome...

it was our decision too. We're not going til March, so please come on after your cruise and tell us your thoughts.

I can't wait to get a report about Indy once she's back on this side of the ocean, and doing these routes.

Archived