Switching cabins

ksacer

My family will be sailing on the Summit this August. We are traveling with two boys age 18 and 15. We would like to put them in a cabin together, but policy states that one passenger must be at least 21 years old in each cabin. I have heard that we can switch cabins but I am not sure how that is actually done. Is that something that can be changed during the check-in process, or would we have to ask Guest Services after boarding?

My family will be sailing on the Summit this August. We are traveling with two boys age 18 and 15. We would like to put them in a cabin together, but policy states that one passenger must be at least 21 years old in each cabin. I have heard that we can switch cabins but I am not sure how that is actually done. Is that something that can be changed during the check-in process, or would we have to ask Guest Services after boarding?

My understanding from reading the Celebrity literature is...you can put them in a cabin together...provided it is an adjacent cabin to yours: (see attached)

UNACCOMPANIED MINORS

No guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom

unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. This

age limit will be waived for: minor children sailing with

their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms;

Hope this helps

As long as they are close to your cabin, you should be able to bunk them in one and you and the partner in the other. You'll need to set up the reservation so that they are linked in the system. Much easier! The Celebrity agent or your TA should be able to arrange it for you, depending on how you book. You can likely book them next to you, with or without an interconnecting door, or across the hall (if you do a balcony and they are inside), etc. From what I understand, that rule is to prevent groups of kids 18 - 20 from booking rooms. A family where the parents want some private time from the teenagers is afforded some leeway on just about every line I've read.

When our daughters were teens, we cruised a few times with them in their own cabin--usually next to or across the hall from ours...Never was a problem...and Celebrity let us book them that way...

No need to deal with any switching keys or cabins or anything crazy like that...

Of course, when we cruised on Summit in Alaska when they were 18 and 20, we discovered that the ship had issued them both cards that did not indicate they were minors--allowing them to buy drinks onboard! So, maybe they didn't realize they weren't over 21!

They only want to make sure an adult is traveling with minors.....they do NOT care who sleeps where! You can certainly switch after you board....tell them who will be in which cabin, so the key's will be correct...no need to carry "extra" keys around with you.

Thanks for all of you helpful replies. I'll try to switch the room arrangement during check in and if that doesn't work I'll go with the duplicate key plan as a back up. Their room will be directly across from ours. I'm not worried about their behavior, they are not the rowdy type. My biggest problem will be getting them out of bed!

So you join the army at 18 but not book a cruise, kind of weird :rolleyes:

Have you ever been on a cruise during Spring Break before the cruise lines (Celebrity, RCL, even Carnival ) instituted this policy.............you would quickly know why the policy is now the way it is.

Have you ever been on a cruise during Spring Break before the cruise lines (Celebrity, RCL, even Carnival ) instituted this policy.............you would quickly know why the policy is now the way it is.

Not true as far as Celebrity is concerned. The OP should speak with her TA; Celebrity allows minors as long as their cabin is located nearby parents cabin.

Jo-Ann

I have meet old people who are worst then someone 18

Do not bartenders cut people off when they drunk ?

The policy as quoted above was incomplete. Here is the current policy from the FAQ of the X website:

What is Celebrity's stateroom assignment age policy?

No guest younger than age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of the sailing.

This age limit will be waived for: minors (under 21) can be berthed without an adult (21 or older) in the stateroom only when at least one parent is sailing and the staterooms are physically adjacent (directly next door or directly across the hall) to one another; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military. Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age of twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.

Archived