Red carpet treatment

nooosey

We were recently on Marina and observed a number of guests returning from a tour.

Outside at the gangway a red carpet had been put down and a significant number of staff had lined up to welcome them back onboard with hearty applause and cheers.

We were wondering what the significance of this group of people were. Could they have been guests who had met a milestone number of cruises returning from a complimentary tour?

This was done on Marina on my last cruise in Ashdod when passengers were returning from particularly long excursions to Jerusalem & the Dead Sea. Many of the crew were on the quayside along with the band.....it was a nice touch & was done with military precision with all coaches/minibuses/taxis arrival by the ship well coordinated.

We were recently on Marina and observed a number of guests returning from a tour.

Outside at the gangway a red carpet had been put down and a significant number of staff had lined up to welcome them back onboard with hearty applause and cheers.

We were wondering what the significance of this group of people were. Could they have been guests who had met a milestone number of cruises returning from a complimentary tour?

It's a great way to "welcome home" guests after a long, hot day of exploring. It's happened to us in India, Cairo and some other stops, which I don't remember at this moment.

It happened to us returning from Livorno on one of the "R" ships. Full complement of officers including the Captain, the band and literally a red carpet, drinks, and cheers. What a wonderful welcome home!

As others have said it is a welcome home for all passengers and is usually done on a day or days when there are mostly all day tours, they all get back about the same time and everyone need a pick me up.

On some cruises it is done several times, some only once and on some, not at all.

It's a nice gesture when done.

It was the day of our tour from Livorno! remember the hookers outside the army base!!?? The lunch at the hunter's hangout? That was a great day!

Marian

Hi Marian and Ted: Yes, that was quite a reception! And what a wonderful day! Though I did miss the "ladies" as I was looking out the window on the wrong side of the van. Marsha

This happened to us when returning after a long shore excursion (11 hours) to Siena and San Gimignano. Did not have anything to do with guests meeting a milestone number of cruises.

It was nice touch!!

Archived