Just off the star...

cruisekitty7

That’s great information to know. How was the Embarkation? We aren’t supposed to board until 1:30, I was thinking about showing up at around 12 or so. Which main dining room was open on embarkation and what are the hours? We very seldom dine at the buffet.

We're also just off the Star and I'll be writing a review n the next few days. We arrived ahead of our assigned time and boarded promptly. It was too late for lunch in the dining room so we opted for salads and sandwiches at the International Cafe. Much less crowded and very good food.

That’s great information to know. How was the Embarkation? We aren’t supposed to board until 1:30, I was thinking about showing up at around 12 or so. Which main dining room was open on embarkation and what are the hours? We very seldom dine at the buffet.

Not the same cruise but was on earlier this month. Staggered embarkation also not being enforced. I think they started with it but looked frustrated by the time we showed up --just let everyone line up based on their arrival time. It was not so bad (I was also on the fateful March 19th trip -- horrible).

We weren't sure about the lunch in the MDR but was really disappointed with the buffet on the cruise in march. We got to the main dining room at 1:30 -- it was on deck 6 (cannot remember the name but one of the anytime dining rooms). They were really trying to dissuade us from entering but did seat us and we had a fantastic lunch. I did notice they seated others up to an hour after they seated us.

We got there around 1200 and our boarding time was 1:30. There were no questions asked and we were just directed to the security line. Embarkation was pretty flawless...they were lacking some signage for preferred boarding. Disembarkation wasn't bad either until you got to your baggage. Everything was mixed together and there were no signs at all. We had airport transfers and they had HAL passengers and us into the same bus lines so there were some long lines.

While not the Star, I'm leaving this Saturday and I'm planning on showing up about 11-11:30 with my walker and hoping I'll be able to board quickly. I got a Princess email last week and it didn't mention anything about staggered boarding.

What about Formal nights? and how was the service etc... we sail the Star in 2 weeks....

thanks

CC

Service was wonderful as always...formal nights were great! Got some great photos on board! The entertainment was a little jumbled. I think they had a comedian cancel and had to find someone to replace him. The production shows were great! Much better then the last princess cruise I was on. Overall a fabulous cruise for us! Our excursions were a blast and we saw some wonderful wild life! The only minor flaw was going to Victoria the night before disembarkation since your bags have to be put out so early.

While not the Star, I'm leaving this Saturday and I'm planning on showing up about 11-11:30 with my walker and hoping I'll be able to board quickly. I got a Princess email last week and it didn't mention anything about staggered boarding.

The time is listed on your boarding documents. Our emails said nothing either.

They were not enforcing it at all...it was very interesting to see what people interpret as smart casual.

What about formal night? were they enforcing the Jackets for men?

I always dress up anyhow... I just love fashion :p

CC

What about formal night? were they enforcing the Jackets for men?

Is this ever really enforced anywhere? I've never seen it. I'm leaving on Star next Sunday; wasn't even planning on bringing my suit this time just to reduce the luggage I'm taking a little. Was going to just wear a shirt and tie on formals.

Is this ever really enforced anywhere? I've never seen it. I'm leaving on Star next Sunday; wasn't even planning on bringing my suit this time just to reduce the luggage I'm taking a little. Was going to just wear a shirt and tie on formals.

This works on all the other ships so I can't see why it wouldn't be OK on the Star.

This works on all the other ships so I can't see why it wouldn't be OK on the Star.

Thanks... I'm leaving it up to hubby... and I think I know which way is going to go on this... after 22 cruises this would be a first for us. Even in his dress shirt,tie and slacks he looks better than most :D

I guess the dress code policy folks aren't awake yet.....:D

CC

Thanks... I'm leaving it up to hubby... and I think I know which way is going to go on this... after 22 cruises this would be a first for us. Even in his dress shirt,tie and slacks he looks better than most :D I guess the dress code policy folks aren't awake yet.....:D CC

Oh, we're awake. The fact that this positon has to be justified speaks volumes.

The time is listed on your boarding documents. Our emails said nothing either.

I checked my boarding pass & the cruise summary and it says boarding time is 12:00-3:00. So I guess the staggered boarding is hit and miss and perhaps dependent on the port.

Archived