Is a PG Tahiti cruise "hokey"?

aaaaa

Hi Emdee,

Could you please send me your list of tips for PG & FP, I would really appreciate it! We are new to both & are booked for next June! I think it's very generous of you to share your personal experience with those of us newbies!! That's what's great about this forum!!

Thanks so much!! Shari

Oh yeah! Me too...I need tips on the PG! Like how to best talk my wife into trip number 7!

Hi Miriam! Hope we can sail together again soon! We are thinking of repeating the Fakarava trip again in 2013.

BTW - You are doing a much better job of complying with the ToS than that renegade MtnDriver! :-)

Edited by MotuIslander

Motu,

How was your Regent cruise? I havent been on Regent for two years. Cannot bring myself to accept those high prices especially because I have been to nearly all the ports. Besides, Europe is NOT Tahiti!

I am counting on you to come in 2014 - Chose the July date so Chuck and you could come. Lets make it a special reunion cruise.

The Tips list now has a life of its own.... I had devised them for last year when my cousin and friends came with us.

Hi Emdee. Dont forget us for your announcements of your reunion trip! Juloy 2014 sounds about right, if I am still ambulatory at that point.....when you are as "senior" as I am, you can't make too many plans for the future...............but still, sigh, it sounds like it would be wonderful. My daughter is already saving her money for the next PG adventure.

:):p

Motu,

How was your Regent cruise? I havent been on Regent for two years. Cannot bring myself to accept those high prices especially because I have been to nearly all the ports. Besides, Europe is NOT Tahiti!

I am counting on you to come in 2014 - Chose the July date so Chuck and you could come. Lets make it a special reunion cruise.

The Tips list now has a life of its own.... I had devised them for last year when my cousin and friends came with us.

We fell in love with Regent years ago, but I think that the only ship that resembles that attitude and level of service is no longer on Regent. We were worried about the PG after it left Regent, but the PG offers so much more in terms of service and attitude than any of the Regent ships/itineraries.

The UK cruise was fun, but we could do PG more than TWICE for what Regent costs (per diem)! In the future I think we WILL.

How can we even be talking about 2014? We can discuss 2014 when we are on board in 2013!:D

Motu - sorry but I wont be on board with you in 2013. We have booked for January, 2013.

Looking forward to Tere Moana in December as well.

Southsea - soon as I know I will put the details on the board however if you give me your email I will send you a private invite.

I just went through this thread & though I don't want to open a can of worms again, I have to say once more how helpful we found Emdee's tips. Though Emdee did not "push" her travel agent on us, we needed a good one who was familiar with the FP area & the PG so we thought we'd check her out, & boy are we glad we did! This TA was wonderful & worked her tail off for us -- she is now our TA of choice -- we'll use her again & again! If Emdee receives a perk for the endorsement -- why not -- she deserves it, & that makes us happy! She did us two huge favors with the tips & letting us know she had a good experience with this particular TA. Though we've never met Emdee, we now consider her our new CC friend -- she just seems like a very nice, helpful person & she's adored by the staff on the PG. :)

Emdee

Please keep me in the loop.Still working on the BW for 2013, it will

be our 40th. Would like the info for 2014 also.

Welcome back Motoislander.

Tell your BW that we were just in Europe and it WAS closed!:D

We will definitely be on board in 2013, probably late June like before. Would love to see you and your child bride!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Emdee,

We just booked the PG for next March, so I'm collecting info; saw the offer if your tips, so it would be great if you would send them to me when you have a moment (realizing that this may have become your part-time job with so many requests). Thanks in advance for the offer. The e-mail is:

bobharrison@cox.net

Best Regards, Bob H

Just FYI, Emdee is away right now, which is why we haven't heard from her;)

I was just reading through her notes last night to prep for our trip. They are very helpful, I wish we could get them on a sticky so everyone could see them!

I also have several cuts and pastes I saved from reviews, so I recommend doing that, had I tried to remember whose review it was, I'm sure I would have forgotten, so I just looked at my " list" where I cut and pasted any details from reviews or post I thought would be useful!

Oh, and Tiki...I would love it if we could get a sticky of your maps with pins...it's so nice to see where the ship will anchor and where the main dock, port area is!

Edited by Familygoboston