Room categories & bed styles on the dream/fantasy

Matt&Heather

Hello, Disney cruisers! :)

Family and I were on the Dream a year ago. At the time, my kiddos were 2 and 4 and we wanted to avoid a bunk bed situation, so we ended up in a 4a with a murphy bed and the sofa used by the kids.

We are looking at getting onto the Dream or the Fantasy in 2014 and the kids will be significantly older, so I'll be okay with my oldest (then 7) in an upper bunk. What is the lowest priced category (with verandah, that is, I'm not willing to give up my balcony) that gives us that option?

Also, are the categories the same on the Wonder and the Magic? We may opt for one of those if the NYC cruises continue into 2014.

Thanks in advance for your help. I was having some site navigation difficulties on the DCL site.

-Heather

From what I gather - on the Dream/Fantasy you can get into a 7A - but your balcony may be obstructed and/or tiny. Decks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Then you have 5A - 5E, 6A and 6B located on Decks 5 - 10. From there you jump to the Cat 4's that are a bit larger and can have the Murphy bed.

Magic/Wonder I believe their 7's only sleep 3. So you would be looking at 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A. These categories are located in the middle OR aft of the ship on Decks 5, 6 and 7.

What is the lowest priced category (with verandah, that is, I'm not willing to give up my balcony) that gives us that option?

Category 7's on the Disney Dream/Fantasy. They can sleep max 4.

Also, are the categories the same on the Wonder and the Magic? We may opt for one of those if the NYC cruises continue into 2014.

No. Category 7 on the Magic/Wonder can only sleep max 3. Also, it is my understanding that for a family of 4 when booking a category 6, you will be assigned GTY. All the cat 6's that can sleep 4 are handicap cabin. So you will either get a cat 6 if the cabin is not booked, or you will be upgraded to a cat 5.

edit: note that some/all cat 5E on Dream/Fantasy have extended balconies. Check the specific cabin. For example, this is a video of the popular aft corner 10658 which is a cat 5E and has a unique cabin configuration.

Archived