Miracle review May 22-30th 2012

Chillaxx46

Sorry i haven't been around today...its been a busy day! But we actually got our car service to pick us up right where he dropped us off! it worked out perfectly. He did miss us the first time so it took him awhile to come back but eventually he did. I would recommend getting a car service because it makes everything a little bit easier.

Day 5: Finally we have reached the private island! I love it here so very much. It is so serene and the water is just beautiful! We once again got a cabana so we were on the first tender so we could take advantage of the day there. With these cabanas you get a feel that you are really on an island, its wonderful! Once we got off the tender we got on a little bus to take us to our cabana which was cabana number one. It wasn't that far of a walk but they tell you to take the bus. I really did like having the first cabana because you were close to everything. We spent most of the day in the water because it is just so beautiful. Most of the crew was off the boat because they pretty much run the island. For lunch they had a barbecue and it was amazing as always. I really think that their burgers are really some of the best burgers that I've ever tasted. I wish that they could have served potato chips but the spread really was amazing. About 2 hours after we ate ( we ate at like 12) we got back on the boat so we didn't have to wait long to get on the tender. The line wasn't too long and it wasn't that bad of a ride back to the boat. You get an amazing view of the island. On the island they had plenty of beach games going on and they also had the DJ playing all day which was great because it gave a great atmosphere. Once back on the boat we all once again took another nap. I swear all we did on this vacation was sleep. Our cabin steward was great and learned very quickly that we slept late and took naps through the day. This doesn't have much to do with half moon cay but if you are in rooms 8245 and 8235 or in the surrounding areas you will have Dunkley! He was amazing and he was the best steward that we have ever had. He was constantly joking around with my friend and i. We learned that he has 5 daughters at home so we assumed that he missed his daughters and kind of saw them in us. After our wonderful nap we all decided that we didn't feel like getting dressed up and going to dinner so we decided to go to the buffet. Now i really wasn't a fan of the dinner buffet. they only had one station plus the pizza open. The food that they served really wasn't that great. I really would have preferred to go to the dinning room every night because the buffet really wasn't much to write home about. I believe that we also ordered room service this day when we got back from the island before our nap because we were hungry. I got the shrimp salad. I ordered 2 of them because the portion was very small. Tonight was also the marriage show. Now on most of the other cruises i have been on the marriage show has been during a sea day but i think i actually prefer it to be at night. If you have never checked out the marriage show before you really should go see it. I think thats all we did that night. My mom passed out early because the sun wore her out but we really did have a fun day on half moon cay!

Coming soon: Day 6 Nassau

Day 6: Today we slept in because all we wanted to do was go to señor frogs. My parents got up early and around 11 they decided that they didn't want to wait any more so they woke us up and told us it was time to leave. It had already rained twice and started raining a third time on our way to señor frogs. We finally reached señor frogs after waiting the rain out for a while. It really isn't that far of a walk from the dock. It is right down the road. If you have never been there, which we never have, i recommend trying it out. When you first walk in you will be overwhelmed with noise. It is a crazy place but its tons of fun. We were there from about 1130-3! it was crazy spending all day there but we didn't want to leave. Through out the day they play games and give out plenty of free shots. It seems that a lot of people from the ship came over around 2, so i guess most people don't want to spend all day there. We have been to nassau 4 times and have done atlantis before so we figured there wasn't much to do. The food at señor frogs is amazing as well. I got the queso dip and spicy mac and cheese which was amazing! After the storms passed it become very hot and a little humid. At about 3 we headed back to the ship and took our daily nap. We once again didn't go to the dinning room because we were all tuckered out and my parents just wanted to let everyone sleep. Now that i think about tonight was the marriage show and after that was the deck party. The deck party was fun! I always love doing the quirky little line dances! We always do them up at my university so i always enjoy doing them!

Now i am gonna skip ahead to the next 2 sea days because we didn't do anything that we didn't do the first 2 sea days so it was pretty much the same! On the way back the sea days didn't really feel as long probably because we didn't want to get off the ship! On the last night they had my favorite meal: Bacon Mac and Cheese. It is the most wonderful dish that they have on the ship! I always wait for it and its always worth the wait. On the last night they didn't sit us with Jesus so of course we were all a little bit sad because we had become good friends with him. After dinner my friend and i ran over to say good bye to Jesus. He gave us both these really big hugs and ran after my parents because he wanted to say good bye to them as well. He was really bummed that they didn't seat us with him but i think that he was happy that we said good bye! On the 30th we got off the boat, which was a really easy process. The hardest part was trying to find our car service because he passed us a few times but eventually we flagged him down and we got in our car. We waited in the train station and got on the train 2 hours later. We are already planning our next cruise and can't wait to get back on another ship!

I hope you have all enjoyed this review and that it provided you with insight. Once again if you have any questions just ask! We have been to all 3 of these ports at least 2 times so if you have any questions about anything i didn't mention i will be happy to help you out.

I'm sure my DW will be posting her own review as well, but overall I had a blast on this ship! First vacation with out my little monkeys (I love grandparents!) in a while, exactly what the DW and I needed. Lots of naps!

The ports were great, the water was a little cold for my liking. :) But it was cool. The 8 days thing is amazing, for me who's used to 7's, it felt like I was cheating for the extra day.

The entertainment staff were great! The band singer she was awesome, and the band was great! The Pianoman Brennan, he's in Sam's bar. He's crazy good, as in 'we walked in and the DW and I looked at each other after 15 seconds and said "*** is he doing singing on a cruise ship?" good'.

The Karaoke host is amazing, Chris you were awesome in your British dry sot sense of humour! A previous review said the karaoke host was awful and snooty, must have been a different guy. I loved singing Karaoke, though the fact that they put you out in Jeeves lounge in the hallway stinks hard core!

Great Review!

I am enjoying your review so far! We took Amtrak up into NYC for one of our cruises. When you arranged the limo transport, where did they pick you up. Our problem was that my parent's couldn't drag all their luggage ti the taxi stand. Was there a way to get picked up someone closer to where you exit the station? We had to walk around outside for a while to find a working taxi line.

when we got off the train we got a red cap and then we called our car service and told them where we were and they came to pick us up. they picked us up right out side of the station

We are platinum so we can get off before everyone else. I am just worried about having to drag my luggage all over the place. What is a red cap? Also what car service did you use?

We put out suitcases out the night before so all we had to do the next morning was wait for our numbers to be called. We live on long island so we were not in any hurry to get off the ship. We had a taxi service picking us up. We didnt get up untill 8.30am and them we had a lovely long breakfast, then we went up to the pool area and just sat and read my book untill our number was called. Our number was 16 so we were one of the last group to get off and it was very fast . We got off around 10 or 10.30 I think picked up our luggage where it was waiting for us and went through customs very fast. Walked outside the terminal and to the left a little and the taxi picked us up. Very sad to leave the ship........As we pulled out a cop started screeming at the taxi driver...welcome to New York.....

Glad you had a good time.

We were on the same cruise and played most of the trivia games. I think Domenic did a great job of hosting them. He was funny and kept things moving, even with all of the interruptions.

Here is a link to the review I posted:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1645454

Archived