Alaska pre-cruise tour restaurants

sunlakes2012

I posted this on another thread, so i apologize if it comes through twice...

We're doing the 3-day pre-cruise tour - Anchorage -> Denali -> Talkeetna in early July and are hoping that you all have some good restaurant recommendations in those locales. Have checked TripAdvisor and I'd love to hear your opinions.

In Anchorage we ALWAYS eat at Glacier Brewhouse at least once. It would be in the med price range. It takes reservations. I highly recommend making them as soon as you know as this is a very popular place with cruisers. That said, we first went there with our friend who is local and recommended it.

We also enjoy eating at Moose Tooth in Anchorage. It is a brewery/pizza place. It too is very busy but worth the wait.

We have been to both of these places numerous times.

In Talkeetna, we have eaten twice at a little place on the main drag (I say that with tongue in cheek). It is on a corner and has outside eating on an upper deck. Sorry, can't remember the name. Maybe altitude something. Our party still wants the recipe for their fish tacos!

In Denali, last year, we ate at a pizza place. If I remember correctly, it is across from the princess hotel. Sorry, can't remember that name either (me bad). They had some interesting pizza choices (salmon) which our party raved about (I don't like salmon). We also ate at another place (possibly rib joint). Sorry, I didn't make those resv. The person in our party found a discount online for it. It too was good.

All of the places in Denali were busy. Lots of tourists and small number of choices. Both places we were able to catch a shuttle to. Either from the restaurant itself or from the hotel.

If you know your dates and choices, I would try to make resv ahead of time. You may still have a small wait but nothing compared to no resv.

You may try goggling restaurants for each area. You will have tons of options in Anchorage. Your choice may depend on your transportation choices (car vs walking). Your choices are limited in the other areas but you do have good choices there too.

PS one person in our party tried bacon ice cream while in talkeetna

We're doing the 3-day pre-cruise tour - Anchorage -> Denali -> Talkeetna in early July and are hoping that you all have some good restaurant recommendations in those locales. Have checked TripAdvisor and I'd love to hear your opinions.

You will probably have much better luck posting this on the Alaska forum. Also, a search of the Alaska forum will probably provide a ton of good ideas.

I can second the Glacier Brewhouse suggestion. It gets VERY busy at dinnertime. In Denali, don't miss the Salmon Bake. Sorry, can't help with Talkeetna.

Have fun!

The Glacier Bay Brewhouse in Anchorage is good although noisy. They also own the restaurant next door which has good food as well. At Denali, skip the stuff across the street and eat at the King Salmon at the Denali Princess. It was wonderful.

Archived