NCL Jewel MA vs BA

projekt6

I've got an opportunity to upgrade from a BA Mid-Ship Balcony to a MA Mid-Ship Mini-Suite.

Questions:

1-Would you suggest this even though the staterooms left are under the pool deck?

2-Would you suggest a connecting room (even though we're only getting one room) since we'd like to be on the starboard side and thats the only type of MA suite they have left?

3-Does anyone have a photo of a connecting room?

Thanks in advance!

You should do some careful research on here about being under the pool deck. Some folks have been okay, others report being bothered by noise (scraping chairs, etc.). I'd want to be really careful about what was above me (which is why I always book on a deck with a cabin above and below me). Not saying you'll definitely have a problem, but you are wise to inquire.

Also, just want to be sure you know that a mini-suite is really a deluxe balcony and does not come with suite perks.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

For 160.00 you will get approximately 80 feet more cabin. I have to agree with turtles06 that you will not get suite perks. Now if it was for an aft facing mini I would tell you to jump on it quickly as I love aft facing cabins.

I don't have any comment on the pool being above your room. However, I just got of the 5/19 sailing of the Jewel and had a mid-ship balcony connecting room. My BIL was on the same cruise and had a mid-ship mini suite...I would say it would be worth the $160 for the following reasons:

• Bathroom is bigger with a tub...not that I would use the tub but there is more room at the sink.
  • The room is much bigger in that the pullout sofa in balcony is only 2 person wide and the sofa in the MS is 3 person wide.
  • The balcony was bigger which was nice, but a little less private. The reason it is less private is because of the divider between the balconies. Hard to describe, but if you saw the two, you would notice the difference.

My BIL's room was not connecting but our balcony room was. Can send you a picture if you want, just let me know. We had Room 9590 and BIL had 11598

• Bathroom is bigger with a tub...not that I would use the tub but there is more room at the sink.

Is that a tub/shower combo? If so, I'd prefer to keep the BA because it's easier for me to use a shower stall than to climb into a tub. I don't use a tub as such; I haven't had a bath in more than 60 years. ;)

I don't have any comment on the pool being above your room. However, I just got of the 5/19 sailing of the Jewel and had a mid-ship balcony connecting room. My BIL was on the same cruise and had a mid-ship mini suite...I would say it would be worth the $160 for the following reasons:

• The room is much bigger in that the pullout sofa in balcony is only 2 person wide and the sofa in the MS is 3 person wide.
  • The balcony was bigger which was nice, but a little less private. The reason it is less private is because of the divider between the balconies. Hard to describe, but if you saw the two, you would notice the difference.

My BIL's room was not connecting but our balcony room was. Can send you a picture if you want, just let me know. We had Room 9590 and BIL had 11598

Yes, please send me photos. shortname 123 at yahoo dot com. Thanks.

Is that a tub/shower combo? If so, I'd prefer to keep the BA because it's easier for me to use a shower stall than to climb into a tub. I don't use a tub as such; I haven't had a bath in more than 60 years. ;)
The minisuites do have a tub/shower combo, and sometimes the tubs are quite high.

Archived