Moms: Packing for Kids AO Dodge Ball

This might be "Duh" for some Moms, but just a heads up to Moms like me who are going on their 1st family cruise this summer.

I did NOT pack closed toe tennis shoes for my DS (11yr old) last summer on FOS. Come to find out that they have to wear closed toe shoes for Dodge Ball in AO. My DS was really upset with me:mad: DS wear Crocs all the time, so of course those went, I took water shoes and dress shoes for MDR. Didnt think he needed his athletic shoes!!!! They do!!!!

The dodge ball tournement was also on a formal night which made it ackward for dressing. I would just take shorts/tee and shoes in a bag to MDR and let your child eat, then change in a rest room, then let them go to AO.

Anyway, athletic shoes will never be left out again on a summer cruise:o

I think closed toe shoes are required for the rock wall as well. Oh and long pants for the ice rink.

This might be "Duh" for some Moms, but just a heads up to Moms like me who are going on their 1st family cruise this summer.

I did NOT pack closed toe tennis shoes for my DS (11yr old) last summer on FOS. Come to find out that they have to wear closed toe shoes for Dodge Ball in AO. My DS was really upset with me:mad: DS wear Crocs all the time, so of course those went, I took water shoes and dress shoes for MDR. Didnt think he needed his athletic shoes!!!! They do!!!!

The dodge ball tournement was also on a formal night which made it ackward for dressing. I would just take shorts/tee and shoes in a bag to MDR and let your child eat, then change in a rest room, then let them go to AO.

Anyway, athletic shoes will never be left out again on a summer cruise:o

I think closed toe shoes are required for the rock wall as well. Oh and long pants for the ice rink.

They provide climbing shoes for the rock wall -- you just have to make sure you show up with socks! Same for ice and in-line skating.

Archived