Onboard Summit; AQ Room Issues

TxnAquarian

Hi. I can't comment on the smoke situation on the balconies above the aft bar but I can say it is a very popular place for smokers. My DH smokes cigars and we visited the bar every night. Throughout the day you would see people sitting at tables smoking. I don't smoke and I really hate the smoke smell but unless you are sitting right next to the person (or the table the smoker is at) the wind blows it right out to sea. I don't recall the smoke had a chance to travel up to the balconies.

I would offer an observation however about those particular aft facing balconies... My DH and I often commented that the location was convenient if you enjoyed hanging out at the bar (direct access to stairs to deck above). But we noticed there was little privacy on those balconies. We could look up and see the people on their balconies. For us that was a negative feature.

I'm sure you will love your overall cruise experience on the summit. It's a great ship and the crew is very attentive.

Perhaps I am overly sensitive (though I don't think so), but we had an AFT cabin on the Silhouette and I could smell smoke from a balcony two decks down. I peered over the edge and could see someone smoking. Maybe the wind is a little more "fluid" @ the sunset bar, but we experienced very little wind on our aft balcony (even on super windy days during the transatlantic), therefore - smoke not drifting out to sea.

Archived