Check your profiles on Carnival.com

Did you check to see if they are offering you 18 months to move to the next level? It would be under the My Benefits tab (just beneath your VIP points).

Mine said:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise two times in the next 18 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club. (highlighted in gold)

Where does it show this? My daughter has been on 9, next in Sept. is 10, she is showing gold without this message!!

Well , I was platinum and still am. I am not happy Losing my unlimited laundry, guaranteed dining, and telphone for VIP.....

I cruise at Christmas, New Years and Spring break. Most costly, Times to cruise. Carnival is no cheaper then other cruise ships during this time. This coming Christmas, after three cases of breeched confidentiality by carnival to a stalker, I switched to RCCL freedom of the seas, off the Carnival Dream. It was $100 cheaper then Carnival

Now, to see what others offer. I have done three Disney and another booked b2b with RCCL this Christmas...

For me, it is the principal.......not the free laundry, but taking away from us what was already given....

Question: Is this an alchoholic beverage or a non-alchoholic beverage:? Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

Never thought of that! Could be a cappucino from one of those better, newer, faster, stronger machines!:rolleyes:

So much for all Milestone cruisers being grandfathered into the diamond program . I also have been downgraded and a long way to go to get back where I was. That's what happens when you cruise on the older ships, I guess.

No - That's what happens when you are LIED to.

Everyone tell John and all the management at Carnival. Thanks a lot.

Where does it show this? My daughter has been on 9, next in Sept. is 10, she is showing gold without this message!!

She should be more than ok. Did you already print your boarding pass for September? it should show platinum for her.

Was gold, still gold not disappointed and happy that they are going to a days cruised rather than number of cruises. Loyalty program is extremely far down on my list of why I chose Carnival in the first place so this won't make one bit of difference to me.

I see we're missing the "Red Box" too :( All I saw was a line at the top saying "Sails in 33 days" or something like that...

I didn't even notice that Lynne! Carnival Coders need to be drawn and quartered for taking away our little red box! :eek:

Question: Is this an alchoholic beverage or a non-alchoholic beverage:? Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

I would think alcoholic drinks would be included otherwise they would have specifically said "Complimentary non-alcoholic beverage...":confused:

Make sure you log in under her username and password first off.

Go to:

My VIFP - tab in the upper right hand corner

My Cruise History - tab that will pop uo directly underneath Manage My Cruises

This should take you to My Cruises page and look something like this:

Your Cruise History

VIFP Points Your VIFP points breakdown

52 Cruise Day Points

52 VIFP Points

Total cruises since 2002

Check your

Special Offers Our special offers change frequently, so be sure to Check the Special Offerssection often.

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise two times in the next 18 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.

That is where I found the note stating the semi-grandfathering.

I have 8 cruises but didn't get the grandfathered in comment because it doesn't include a honeymoon cruise from 1986.

Trying to get it straightened out quickly but not sure how much they'll care. I mean who keeps statements or other proof after 26 years.

Checked mine - was gold now red. Answers that question.

I used to be Platinum....and I'm still Platinum (although I only have something like 55 days). Yay me...! :rolleyes:

Okay, so those of us who need to add cruises because they are missing....

the older ships that are no longer with the fleet aren't on the list. so how do you add those?

Penny, this happened with me for a RCCL cruise we had taken on the Sovereign of the Seas. The ship was no longer in service and I couldn't find it on the list online to add it to my profile. I had to call them and give them my sail date (luckily I still had the old records since that was back in 2006). They were able to add it and give me my loyalty number. I'm sure (read as: hope) it's similar with Carnival :rolleyes:

Have 24 days , and booked a 7 day cruise but was downgraded from gold to red. When RCI changed over you didn't lose anything . They should have grandfathered in people who were within 1-2 days of next level. :mad:

I used to be Platinum....and I'm still Platinum (although I only have something like 58 days). Yay me...! :rolleyes:

(Dons flame retardant suit) I only have 47 days. HOWEVER, we earned Platinum based on the OLD criteria of 10 cruises-so it shoudn't matter, right??? :p

She should be more than ok. Did you already print your boarding pass for September? it should show platinum for her.

No, not yet. Waiting till we do final payment which is in a couple of weeks..

Amazingly... mine will still show platinum too on my 24th cruise... pretty much sucks..

Have 24 days , and booked a 7 day cruise but was downgraded from gold to red. When RCI changed over you didn't lose anything . They should have grandfathered in people who were within 1-2 days of next level. :mad:

Seems like you were flipped the bird too !!! :mad::eek:

I have 8 cruises but didn't get the grandfathered in comment because it doesn't include a honeymoon cruise from 1986.

Trying to get it straightened out quickly but not sure how much they'll care. I mean who keeps statements or other proof after 26 years.

:eek: I hope they can fix it!

(Dons flame retardant suit) I only have 47 days. HOWEVER, we earned Platinum based on the OLD criteria of 10 cruises-so it shoudn't matter, right??? :p

Show off.... :D:D:D:D

I hope they get the website fixed soon. I haven't finished booking shore excursions, nor have I printed our docs.

Archived