Check your profiles on Carnival.com

Yep - 154 days and still Platinum...no mention of Milestone. We'll see if we get the white Milestone cards next Saturday when we board:)

Sucks doesn't it - We were promised if we were Milestone that we would be grandfathered into the top tier and it didn't happen.

So much for loyalty.

This is on my profile:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise two times in the next 18 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.

I currently have 8 cruises completed. So it is confirmed.....there will be some grandfathering.

I got the same message. So will those grandfathered still get to Platinum upon starting your 10th cruise like it used to be? Or will you get to the grandfathered platinum upon starting your 11th? Thx.

Kev

It tells me that they found me, however, my password doesn't work either. Oh well I guess I will find out later. I have 23 so I guess I am back to red until after this cruise and then I will go back to gold.

I got the same message. So will those grandfathered still get to Platinum upon starting your 10th cruise like it used to be? Or will you get to the grandfathered platinum upon starting your 11th? Thx.

Kev

Being told per JH and an interview with a beard named Rob, it will be upon arriving on your 10th cruise.

So, it appears if you were 1 cruise short of platinum, you get 12 months to get one of any length in; and if you are 2 cruises short of platinum, you get 18 months to get it.

John Heald posted on facebook with answers to many questions and it spelled everything out crystal clear. The only thing I am anxious for is VIP embarkation & debarkation and priority tendering. The rest is just a "freebee that I can live with or without" ;) Some people are saying they are getting VIP on 9th cruise. I hope so as I have a B2B booked this December for #9 & 10. That would be cool but I'm not counting my chickens before their hatched.

He said complete your 10th sailing by 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in platinum. Old & New program is running in conjunction with each other so you won't lose if you only have 7 sailings but you have a time limit to start your 10th cruise.

Laundry is per Platinum Guest not per stateroom so my DH & I are both platinum on our 10th cruise so we each will get 2 bags = 4 bags.

Past Guest Party hasn't really gone away. They are just changing it to specific groups. Gold party, platinum party & diamond party to make them less crowded and defined by category/status level.

All platinum & diamond will have guaranteed dining at first. Once more people become platinum, there may come a time when they cannot guarantee everyone but they will do their best to accomodate.

First platinum gift will be binoculars. Since I am already gold and have never received a gold VIFP pin, I will get it on my next cruise. On my 10th cruise, I will get a ship specific pin with year on it.

There were a lot more Q&A's but these were some of the ones I noted that the majority of people are complaining about. As with anything new, there will be complainers. Many don't like change. I fail to understand the logic of sailing with other lines because CCL isn't loyal to them. :confused: I cruise CCL because their pricing is what I can afford (other lines are ridiculously high) and I have fun. I don't cruise with them because they give me free chocolate covered strawberries.:p

John Heald posted on facebook with answers to many questions and it spelled everything out crystal clear. The only thing I am anxious for is VIP embarkation & debarkation and priority tendering. The rest is just a "freebee that I can live with or without" ;) Some people are saying they are getting VIP on 9th cruise. I hope so as I have a B2B booked this December for #9 & 10. That would be cool but I'm not counting my chickens before their hatched.

He said complete your 10th sailing by 12/31/13 to be grandfathered in platinum. Old & New program is running in conjunction with each other so you won't lose if you only have 7 sailings but you have a time limit to start your 10th cruise.

Laundry is per Platinum Guest not per stateroom so my DH & I are both platinum on our 10th cruise so we each will get 2 bags = 4 bags.

Past Guest Party hasn't really gone away. They are just changing it to specific groups. Gold party, platinum party & diamond party to make them less crowded and defined by category/status level.

All platinum & diamond will have guaranteed dining at first. Once more people become platinum, there may come a time when they cannot guarantee everyone but they will do their best to accomodate.

First platinum gift will be binoculars. Since I am already gold and have never received a gold VIFP pin, I will get it on my next cruise. On my 10th cruise, I will get a ship specific pin with year on it.

There were a lot more Q&A's but these were some of the ones I noted that the majority of people are complaining about. As with anything new, there will be complainers. Many don't like change. I fail to understand the logic of sailing with other lines because CCL isn't loyal to them. :confused: I cruise CCL because their pricing is what I can afford (other lines are ridiculously high) and I have fun. I don't cruise with them because they give me free chocolate covered strawberries.:p

COOL! Just checked our boarding passes and luggage tags for our 9th and 10th cruises and both are VIP!

Kev

Am I the only one who can't log in at all? No, I have not forgotten my user name and password, I use it every day.

My biggest fear is that if all of our 28 cruises are not there, I will have no way to recall when they were. If I'd known we were revamping the entire computer system, I would have printed them off last week. Thanks Carnival for the warning. Obviously they knew cruises would be missing or they would have created the form to submit errors from the get-go.

Just another little something to brighten my day along with all the rest of this.

I can't log in either...

Mine is all screwed up. All my cruises are there, but I'm missing one of my two bookings. I added it with the booking number, but no past guest numbers were attached. Did registration and no place to add them there. Then my docs on that one don't show VIP but my cruise next January does. :confused: Husband is coming up with NO cruise history and he's been on all 11 with me! :eek: Going to call my PVP Monday if the glitches don't work out by then.

COOL! Just checked our boarding passes and luggage tags for our 9th and 10th cruises and both are VIP!

Kev

I completed my online check in for both 9th & 10th cruise but since my bookings aren't paid in full, it won't let me print my boarding passes so no VIP boarding right now. Darn it. Nothing at all indicates I will be platinum or VIFP other than my cruise history is correct showing 8 cruises completed since 2008.

I completed my online check in for both 9th & 10th cruise but since my bookings aren't paid in full, it won't let me print my boarding passes so no VIP boarding right now. Darn it. Nothing at all indicates I will be platinum or VIFP other than my cruise history is correct showing 8 cruises completed since 2008.

You don't need to be paid in full to see if your docs are VIP. My #10 is not paid in full and I was able to see it was VIP.

Go to View Cruise Document and select the Print General Information or Print Luggage Tags - either one of these will have it.

Your Booking Summary will show VIP in the upper right hand corner.

I have 8 cruises but didn't get the grandfathered in comment because it doesn't include a honeymoon cruise from 1986.

Trying to get it straightened out quickly but not sure how much they'll care. I mean who keeps statements or other proof after 26 years.

I had the same problem getting a cruise from 1989 added to mine, and GS finally told me to fax them the embarkation photo from that cruise- it shows the name of the ship- along with the details (month/year of cruise, # of days). They then added it to both my hubby's and my profile.

This was 2 years ago.

You don't need to be paid in full to see if your docs are VIP. My #10 is not paid in full and I was able to see it was VIP.

Go to View Cruise Document and select the Print General Information or Print Luggage Tags - either one of these will have it.

Your Booking Summary will show VIP in the upper right hand corner.

Thank you. You are totally right. I was trying to print the boarding pass and it said I had to be paid in full but I was able to pull up my cruise summary and luggage tags and my 9th & 10th cruise show VIP. Yeah.

I have sailed 111 day with Carnival many of them in a suite, when I checked online it has confirmed me a Platinum with 89 day to Diamond.

When I look what I get for Platinum which is less than the old system but worse still is what you get (or don't get) at Diamond is a joke.

I have 144 days with RCL (I have sailed less than 144 day but have stayed in a suite some times"double points) But what I get on RCL is much better here is just a few.

upto $350 of a balcony room.

entry to the diamond lounge at night with free drinks.

2 past guest parties one for all past cruisers and one for Platinum and above.

Sorry Carnival but I have sailed my last cruise with you. Bye Bye:(

I know the "official" statement hasn't been announced but I'm kind of irritated. I was under the impression that previous "cruisers" would be "grandfathered" in and would stay in their current "category". We've been on 3 Carnival cruises and are currently Gold, which means we get to attend the past guest parties. After logging in, I realized we are now "red" which literally doesn't have any perks. We won't even be able to attend the "past guest party" which is for.... past guests.

The party isn't really anything to get upset over, but I feel like we're being demoted and it's pretty irritating. How can you make someone gold and then decide to demote them to red? Ugh.

I like Carnival, I really do, but this might make me think twice. We've been thinking about trying the NCL Breakaway next year instead of the Breeze and this just might help with that decision.

I have sailed 111 day with Carnival many of them in a suite, when I checked online it has confirmed me a Platinum with 89 day to Diamond.

When I look what I get for Platinum which is less than the old system but worse still is what you get (or don't get) at Diamond is a joke.

I have 144 days with RCL (I have sailed less than 144 day but have stayed in a suite some times"double points) But what I get on RCL is much better here is just a few.

upto $350 of a balcony room.

entry to the diamond lounge at night with free drinks.

2 past guest parties one for all past cruisers and one for Platinum and above.

Sorry Carnival but I have sailed my last cruise with you. Bye Bye:(

Bye.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived