Check your profiles on Carnival.com

First, if there are errors in my typing, sorry. Still getting used to my tablet. Second, jh put a link up from the beards this morning and it seemed to fixed my 0 count. Unless they fixed my request overnight. When i used the link all my stuff showed up....though now it shows my upcoming cruise twice now, but at least the info. On it is all correct, just duplicated. Might be worth trying.

I just checked my profile and it states I have 0 days :eek:

Is there a specific number to call to have this corrected. Thanks!

I have the SAME problem. Just checked my profile, and it's erased all my info except my name and phone number, AND it won't let me update anything. It doesn't even have the cruise I JUST took in April. Hopefully, it's only a temporary glitch.

It's a shame that there was any sort of take aways on the perks. They ought to know that would create a backlash, it doesn't matter how small it was. It's human nature, and the backlash is only compounded because people were told to expect improvements (or whatever the exact wording was).

If they could have made everyone come out a little better off by the new program - even in some minor way, it would have generated good will. Makes me wonder what sort of nimrods are in the marketing dept at carnival. It's just common sense. If they need to trim expenses, don't do it via such a publicized & anticipated program.

I don't think they could have made the you-know hit the fan any worse if they were trying to.

Mine says that I have Gold Status even though I'm a Platinum member. It shows 71 days sailed with 4 more points/days to get to Platinum. What's even more odd is that my little "message" in the Gold Box says:

All that glitters isn’t gold, or even platinum. Because you’re at the top of the VIFP Club, and that means you’ve got your own toll-free number for sales & service.

To me, that sounds like Diamond Status. DH has 7 cruises under his belt with 2 more booked before 12/2013. I'm hoping that all I'm reading about that the 10th cruise just needs to be taken before 12/2013 to be grandfathered into Platinum is true. If so, we'll find one to take for him to make it. Hopefully...

my entire profile is gone - including my upcoming 2 booked cruises - and 2 of my daughters' profiles are gone as well. My husband's is fine and so is my oldest daughter's.

So it's not just me!

I posted before in the thread, about how my (first-time-ever) booking disappeared from my account. I was able to add it back, and it was fine.

But now my profile is completely gone (as of yesterday)! It doesn't even recognize my email address. The irony is that one of my recent emails was from Saturday morning, when I was having problems and used the "forgot password" feature, WITH my email as my username.

Way to go Carnival…this is NOT inspiring confidence that everything will work fine when it's time to do online check-in and print documents!

For me... It's all jacked up..... I can. Sign in but it states 0 points... I check it out and my VIFP number is not my past guest numbers... And none of my cruises are listed... And my address is not what they have listed... I change it... And it bounces back to the incorrect one..... At least I can see my currrrently booked cruise .... But no red box for countdown

Yeah it's a mess. I can't even log in, doesn't recognize my email or password! Really? I have 97 days and can't even log in anymore.

Yeah it's a mess. I can't even log in, doesn't recognize my email or password! Really? I have 97 days and can't even log in anymore.

I am having the same problems. It will let me log on to check my current booking......but when I try to activate the new program it doesn't recognize my e-mail address or pin #......WHAT???? I just LOGGED ON with it!!!!

So I have not been able to look at my status on the new program at all.

Geez.....hope they get it fixed soon!!!!

So it's not just me!

I posted before in the thread, about how my (first-time-ever) booking disappeared from my account. I was able to add it back, and it was fine.

But now my profile is completely gone (as of yesterday)! It doesn't even recognize my email address. The irony is that one of my recent emails was from Saturday morning, when I was having problems and used the "forgot password" feature, WITH my email as my username.

Way to go Carnival…this is NOT inspiring confidence that everything will work fine when it's time to do online check-in and print documents!

From Carnival's auto-reply:

Just to let you know, depending on the circumstances, it may sometimes take us 7-10 days to respond.
Oh my goodness! Please tell me it doesn't really take them that long! :eek:

I'm thankful I have a month until my cruise, but I would really like to make a final decision on shore excursions. My sympathies to anyone who is facing a earlier cruise and having these problems!

My husband and I have three cruises with Carnival and were Gold on the second cruise. I logged in and we are Red now with 24 days and won't be invited to the Gold, Platinum, etc., Loyalty Party. We were apparantly seen as loyal after one cruise, but now after three cruises are not seen as loyal enough to be invited.

I never cared much about these levels, but downgrading people is a bad idea. It is not really a big deal in terms of what we lost, but leaves a feeling of not being treated fairly.

After our cruise next month, we will advance back to Gold, however tarnished. :(

mine says zero cruise sailed and I have saile 9 times, my next one would of been platinum.

Am I doing somethinh wrong?

No it's just MESSED UP and they're so silent on Carnival's end. HELP! :cool:

I'm having the same problem as other's have reported... my email/login are gone even though I was logged in this past weekend, I try to "recover" my Account and it says "User Not Found", I try to re-register and I get a message that I already exist!?!

My dilemma is that I sail in 9 days, I pre-registered but didn't print out my SetSail pass.. I've tried calling Carnival but I just wait on hold (I booked through them). Any suggestions?? I'm getting nervous where we're leaving so soon!!

-Kelly

I got the same message. So will those grandfathered still get to Platinum upon starting your 10th cruise like it used to be? Or will you get to the grandfathered platinum upon starting your 11th? Thx.

Kev

Quote:

Originally Posted by gone_cruisin viewpost.gif

This is on my profile:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise two times in the next 18 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.

I currently have 8 cruises completed. So it is confirmed.....there will be some grandfathering.

The new FAQ says:

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

So, we are booked for our 8th this Sept. and our 9th next Sept. As I read it, if we slip in a 3-day before 12/31/13, we will be Platinum under the old plan.

I'm having the same problem as other's have reported... my email/login are gone even though I was logged in this past weekend, I try to "recover" my Account and it says "User Not Found", I try to re-register and I get a message that I already exist!?!

My dilemma is that I sail in 9 days, I pre-registered but didn't print out my SetSail pass.. I've tried calling Carnival but I just wait on hold (I booked through them). Any suggestions?? I'm getting nervous where we're leaving so soon!!

-Kelly

If you still haven't got through, do you have a PVP you can leave a voice mail for or email?

I know some say they have got lots of help on the Carnival funville message board, there is a section for help from Carnival

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/14127.aspx

The main thing is that you have checked in online. Even if you don't have the boarding pass printed out, they will be able to see the information you have entered. Don't check in last minute though - if you don't have luggage tags printed out you will need to get some from the porters and add your name, cabin #, etc.

I received a reply from an actual person, but it wasn't a personal reply or anything. They said they are "currently a little overwhelmed," that they're "working diligently," and that it "should be fully functional within the next week."

They also claim that no data has been lost. What they do not do is apologize for their enormous screw-up. No apology at all.

-Kelly

Since they said "within the next week," I don't think you can wait. Say they get it up in six days, but something's wrong. That's just too close, or at least it would be for my comfort.

When I registered with Carnival.com, I got an email and a phone call from a "Personal Vacation Planner." If you did (try searching your email), I'd try contacting that person first! They should prioritize your request, since you're sailing so soon! (I have a month; I can wait a few days!)

If that fails, you may have to tape your phone to your ear. :rolleyes:

Ironically, this may have cost Carnival a shore excursion for two! Just tonight, I've gotten a lead over on the Bahamas board for a fun snorkeling trip in Freeport. (Though nothing is set yet; I need to contact the company still.)

Carnival's loss! :p If I could have accessed the website, I probably would have booked there days ago and stopped looking!

I have 8 cruises but didn't get the grandfathered in comment because it doesn't include a honeymoon cruise from 1986.

Trying to get it straightened out quickly but not sure how much they'll care. I mean who keeps statements or other proof after 26 years.

After sending in some photos from the cruise, Carnival gave us credit for this cruise. Thanks Carnival.

:confused::confused:What the heck man! I am showing 0 cruise days. I have more like 45 or so with Carnival. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it happended to my SIL (though she only had one cruise under her belt). She, fortunately had proof to back up her assertion, she sent it in and was credited with her one cruise right away.

After sending in some photos from the cruise, Carnival gave us credit for this cruise. Thanks Carnival.

Yay! Guess the moral is to ALWAYS take a couple of photos that prove what ship you were on, and when. Then keep those photos FOREVER.

It's a shame that there was any sort of take aways on the perks. They ought to know that would create a backlash, it doesn't matter how small it was. It's human nature, and the backlash is only compounded because people were told to expect improvements (or whatever the exact wording was).

If they could have made everyone come out a little better off by the new program - even in some minor way, it would have generated good will. Makes me wonder what sort of nimrods are in the marketing dept at carnival. It's just common sense. If they need to trim expenses, don't do it via such a publicized & anticipated program.

I don't think they could have made the you-know hit the fan any worse if they were trying to.

Umn.. couldn't agree with you more. Except for the fact that I'm sitting here drinking the rest of my Bon Voyage vodka order- I'd have to say that I dread checking my "new" status under the so-called VIFP program. All that F means to me is something not nice.

Archived