Prinsendam cabin f394

bobnjeff

Does anyone have thoughts and or photos of this cabin?

Thanks

you have your walk in closet:) & tub & shower:)

My only concern is the aft. I don't know about this location but I did hear people say that the AB cabins aft were very noisy as the ship approached ports, etc. Not sure if it would apply in the F or not - but I am guessing it would. Just passing on comments we heard on the ship - we have not stayed in this location

Thanks

The cabin will be nice, but the last time we were this far aft on the Pdam, there was rather a lot of vibration, especially when the ship was turning (prob. the rudder).

The cabin will be nice, but the last time we were this far aft on the Pdam, there was rather a lot of vibration, especially when the ship was turning (prob. the rudder).

What deck were you on? I can't speak directly to this cabin but I was in F381 and loved it. It is not quite as far back as 394 but I think far enough back to get a pretty good idea. I didn't have any problem with noise or vibration, but I'd have been out on deck long before any approach to port and could have missed something. F394 appears from the deck plan to be very near the wall between the dining room and the aft promenade deck. I couldn't determine the exact position relative to that wall but in any case the MDR should not cause much noise. IRL_Joanie has photos of my cabin here:

http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Deck-6.html

kazu's comments about the room amenities sound right on target to me.

Roy

What deck were you on? I can't speak directly to this cabin but I was in F381 and loved it. It is not quite as far back as 394 but I think far enough back to get a pretty good idea. I didn't have any problem with noise or vibration, but I'd have been out on deck long before any approach to port and could have missed something. F394 appears from the deck plan to be very near the wall between the dining room and the aft promenade deck. I couldn't determine the exact position relative to that wall but in any case the MDR should not cause much noise. IRL_Joanie has photos of my cabin here:

http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Deck-6.html

kazu's comments about the room amenities sound right on target to me.

Roy

I think we were on the main deck, but it may have been the dolphin. We were farther forward than 394. We talked to someone else back there at the time & she was bothered by it also. I think it depends how much you mind this kind of noise.

Thanks

I have no photos of the stateroom, but do have a very detailed description of Stateroom F 390 (same layout and category) just 2 staterooms forward of the one you are asking about.

Here is the review I received of F 390 on Prinsendam in July 2010:

F 390 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 - Main Deck

[

Description Only: We were in cabin 390, which is, as I understand it, one of two cabins that can be a triple AND has a bathtub. We were very pleased with the cabin. The walk-in closet was perfect; since our son was with us, it provided not only storage space, but a little "dressing area" to change clothes in privacy. Our stewards were lovely. We immediately asked for an egg-crate for the bed, and extra blankets for my son's bed. I know that having a third person in the cabin makes for more work (making up the bed each night), so we tried to make up for it by being extremely neat and giving them extra compensation for all their hard work.

It is a little tight with three in a cabin. We asked that the chair be removed, and even so, when the couch was made into a bed, there was only about 18 inches of walking space around any area. Actually, I didn't mind, but I mention it for people who like a lot of space, so they can make decisions accordingly. Each morning, after dear son (DS) arose, I would put the bed back into the couch, and that gave us more than enough room to manuever. And, as I said, the closet became the changing area.

Description July 2010

We were very pleased with the cabin. Unlike most ships I've been on, you do not enter it from the main hallway. Along the main hallway are short hallways that lead to two cabin doors, one on each side. Each hallway/pair of door was adorned by a different tile, each a piece of art on their own. In our case, our hallway led to cabins 388 and 390.

As you enter, there is a walk-in closet immediately to the left. It is about 6 ft. long and 3.5 ft. wide. There are multiple shelves, as well as a high pole upon which to hang long clothing (such as dresses), and two poles for short clothing, such as shirts or pants. The safe is also in the closet. Even loaded with the clothes for three of us, there were shelves left over to store souvenirs. Although I didn't think of it beforehand, the walk-in closet was perfect; since our son was with us, it provided not only storage space, but a little "dressing area" to change clothes in privacy.

Walk in about 7 more feet and you find the bathroom to the left (i.e. parallel to the closet). We had specifically chosen this cabin because there are few triples that have a bathtub, and we like having the tub available. There is storage space under the sink for toiletries. Small bottles of Elemis products were available and each day shampoo, soap, conditioner and lotion were replaced, as needed.

The bed is stationed along the back wall (from the perspective of the door), beside the bathroom, with bedside tables on both sides. My husband uses a CPAP, and so, of course, the search began for the closest outlets. The only grounded outlet we could find was at the vanity (towards the foot of the bed, but 2 feet further down the cabin). I mention this because people who need a CPAP should be sure to bring an extention cord/power strip.

Beside the bed was a sleeper sofa, and a small glass coffee table and armchair rounded out the "sitting area". During the day, there was plenty of room, but, at night, with the sofa bed pulled out, it is a little tight with three in a cabin. We asked that the chair be removed, and even so, when the couch was made into a bed, there was only about 18 inches of walking space around any area. Actually, I didn't mind, but I mention it for people who like a lot of space, so they can make decisions accordingly. Each morning, after dear son (DS) arose, I would put the bed back into the couch, and that gave us more than enough room to manuever.

The window was about three feet long and two feet wide. There are two pieces of plexiglass -- one on the hull and the other on our side, along our wall. This is unlike the Rotterdam, where we used the space from the wall to our window for storage, but since the room came with so much storage, it wasn't a problem.

In the corner across from the sofa is a built-on corner unit, with a small refrigerator, shelves and the television. A fruit basket on the shelves included a note stating that, if you choose to, you may have fresh fruit available each day. We selected four types of fruit, which were replenished as they were consumed.

Beside the shelving (on the opposite wall from the bed and sofa) there is a vanity with four shallow drawers, a large (4ft by 6ft, I would guess) mirror, and a wall mounted make-up mirror. It was convienent (and more tidy) to have my hair and make-up in the top drawers, and my son used the bottom two for some of his belongings. Even though I brought my own hair dryer, one was provided with the room. Description July 2010

Cruise Critic Member: WhansaMi

Hope this helps...

Sorry for typos, working with a new keyboard (extra large keys, but smaller than last keyboard in size, so hard to not have typos:( )

Joanie

ok, for the op - both Roy and I are fans - any cruise on the Prinsendam is a happy cruise indeed :) She's called the Elegant Explorer - but I call her the Queen of Itineraries. Smooth seas:)

We have always wanted to sail on the Prinsendam but...$$$ so when a good fare for this falls crossing came we just had to go for it. Vibrations and a bit of noise when pulling into and departing ports will not bother us. This will be our seventh crossing 18th cruise. We love older and smaller ship. Can not wait!

Jeff

Archived