5/25/12 & 5/26/12- Bora Bora

D-ma

WOW- Everyday FP gets more spectacular. Today we cruised into Bora Bora. I overnighted at the IC Bora Bora in an overwater bungalow. The entire hotel property stirs up imagines of an authentic polynesian village. If you are considering booking a bungalow pre/post cruise do not hesitate. I would highly recommend Bora Bora to be the best location with the most options. It was the highlight of our trip. Our bungalow was 450 sq. ft. with a living room, separate bedroom, and huge bathroom. We had a deck with 2 lounge chairs a table, and a set of stairs down to another platform. From the second platform there was a ladder type stair into the water. It was very easy to get in and out of. The water was a perfect temperature and had really great snorkeling. Also, our room had a coffee table with a glass top that you could remove to feed the fish below. Below there was a coral reef that attracted a nice variety of fish. We say several sting rays that hovered around the bungalows. I had an excellent view of Mt. Otemanu from my room.

This evening we went to the Bloody Mary's restaurant. They will send a taxi free of charge if you have dinner reservations. The cruise offered this as an excursion if you booked it pre-cruise. It was listed in the final documents package that you will get. I loved this restaurant. The food is BBQ'ed which is a welcome change from all the french cuisine. My beef short ribs were heavenly. Another quest told me that she loved the mahi mahi. The decor is really great. It is a hut with no windows, a sand floor, and stumps for chairs.

As a special note--- Take your camera into the bathroom. Both the men's and the ladies rooms have a cute little surprise that you will not see very often.

Another Note: If you are planning on visiting on a Saturday call ahead because they may be closed. Other couples on our cruise took a taxi by themselves on Saturday and they were closed.

On day 2 of Bora Bora the rain decided to visit us. I did not care I was in my bungalow. Since it was raining on and off the cruise cancelled my jet ski excursion. I took the tender into town and visited the pearl shops and the shops on the pier. I must say that one of my favorites is Tahia. They sell this brand on the ship.

Special Note: Since they sell the Tahia pearls on the ship they will allow you to purchase on shore and exchange if you like a better set on board. Double check this with your sales agent but they allowed me to do that.

Great reading Donna... as usual.

Tahia would also allow you to take your pearls and certificate back with you on a future trip in case you wish to upgrade. People used to do this in Regent days. As for me I am still in love with my original pearls!

Archived