Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Admin

Member Reviews of the Week by jimlaneart matted caraboo1236 jillapallooza & loucasi!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sportsbag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Sun Back-to-back Transatlantic and Baltic by jimlaneart

I enjoy art, architecture, museums, big cities, old palaces, new cultures, and meeting new people. My wife likes the laid-back aspects of cruising--long, carefree days at sea with absolutely nothing to do but the little she really wants to do--she's a bingo addict. She also enjoys culinary demonstrations. We both like fine dining, dressing for dinner, posing for photos, live entertainment and saving money. Transatlantic to the Baltic and all the capitals of northern Europe was a perfect vacation in fulfilling all these needs--believe it or not, even the part about saving money. Continue reading... Back-to-back Transatlantic and Baltic

Golden Princess The Ship is Secondary to the Scenery of Alaska by matted

My wife and I sailed on the Golden Princess beginning May 26 on the inside passage to Alaska and Glacier Bay. This was our second cruise with the first being South Caribbean on the Crown Princess in 2007. Alaska is perhaps a somewhat unique cruise destination with an emphasis on nature and scenery -- the exact reasons we took this voyage! Getting on and Off the Ship Embarkation was painless. We arrived at the pier about 12:30pm regardless of the staggered boarding recommendations and we found ourselves on the boat, checked into our room, and up on the Lido deck enjoying some pizza by 1:30pm. There was plenty of staff to ensure embarkation went smoothly. Disembarkation was great too, although they couldn't make general announcements so I never heard what was going on. They need staff around keeping passengers in the loop if they cannot make shipwide announcements. Continue reading... The Ship is Secondary to the Scenery of Alaska

Disney Fantasy Disney knows how to cruise with the Fantasy and the Dream by caraboo1236

We have previously cruised on Carnival and RCL as singles and as a couple. This was our second Disney cruise. We were on the four day Dream in November. Family consists of me (47), DH 45 and DD 8. We really enjoyed the Dream and wanted to check out the Fantasy so we rebooked for Western Caribbean 5/26. This review will include parts of the Dream for comparison. The Dream and the Fantasy are very similar with the main change being the overall decor and the addition of Aqua Lab, Satellite Falls and another pool. The theme in the adult areas differ as well.

Continue reading... Disney knows how to cruise with the Fantasy and the Dream

Explorer of the Seas Great Value for a Perfect Length Trip to Bermuda! by jillapallooza

A friend and I booked this cruise on a whim after finding out that another friend, her cousin (also a friend of mine), her mother and a bunch of her mother's friends booked. My friends scored the $399 fare while some of the others paid between $600 and $700 for their cruise. We checked back every week for three weeks before we were able to nab that amazing $399 price. Granted, it was for an interior stateroom and I have been spoiled by my past cruises (a Royal Caribbean ship's first voyage for planners/travel agents where everything was completely paid for and everything was VIP, suites, etc and two cruises on Carnival in the owner's suite which is pretty much the side of a huge hotel suite or apartment- absolutely amazing). However, on each of those three cruises, I found that we didn't spend much time in the room anyway to the point I was sad that we had all of the entertaining space (full living room, bar, kitchen and dining room table as well as a huge balcony with the owner's suite) yet didn't really do anything with it. So, we said hey, we'll just be sleeping in the room, so let's go for it! As soon as the $399 fare popped up, we booked. Continue reading... Great Value for a Perfect Length Trip to Bermuda!

American Queen The American Queen by loucasi

We were on board the American Queen Steamboat from 04 Jun to 09 June 2012. Left and returned to New Orleans. It was a very nice experience and we were pleased. Only two things we found negative, which are the dinner plate executions left a lot to desire. And the dining room personnel needs a lot more service training. Everyone is very pleasant, but they are lacking in the right way to serve in a formal dining room. The pre cruise hotel reservation worked very well and the checking process at the Westin worked pretty well. The check in personnel was there early to set up and started on time. The boarding process was a breeze, but of course, there are only 436 passengers, not thousands. We did not use the transfers to the dock , so cannot comment. Continue reading... The American Queen

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review