How long do you stay on the ship after it docks on the last day?

juanarcin

How long are you allowed to stay? My trip ends in Civitavecchia and is scheduled to arrive at 4am. My flight leaves at 7pm out of Fiumicino at 7pm. So I obviously have a lot of time to kill and dont think i would have enough time to go into rome. OS i'm wondering what my options are but a big deciding factyor is how long i can stay on the ship. 4am is WAY to early to be out with nowhere to go and a bunch of luggage!

How long are you allowed to stay? My trip ends in Civitavecchia and is scheduled to arrive at 4am. My flight leaves at 7pm out of Fiumicino at 7pm. So I obviously have a lot of time to kill and dont think i would have enough time to go into rome. OS i'm wondering what my options are but a big deciding factyor is how long i can stay on the ship. 4am is WAY to early to be out with nowhere to go and a bunch of luggage!

Depends on the cruise line. On Regent, we were allowed to stay late and they gave us a wonderful lunch on board with a whole roasted baby pig. It was unbelievable.

Tahiti%2B4-16%2B627.JPG

I don't know of any line that pushes you off at 4am! That's when the ship is scheduled to pull into port...not when disembarking begins!

While you won't have access to your cabins after a certain time, some lines will allow you to make use of the public areas later than normal. Some charge a fee for a "late departure". Most cruiselines like everyone off around 10am or so.

don't worry about the 4 a.m. departure time - that's not disembarkation time:) Probably if all goes smoothly it will start around 7 or 7:30 a.m.

We normally get off the ship around 9 or 9:15 am.

In your shoes, I would see about a private transfer with a bit of a tour (perhaps have others on your roll call join you). It's good to get to Rome anyways as you never know - and it is a bit of a drive. You need to allow 3 hours for check in, security, etc. and make sure you're not rushed. Pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem killing a few hours in Rome:):):)

On most ships you need to be off by around 9:30 AM and sometimes as late as 10:00 AM.

You could arrange some type of tour.

If you need a recommendation please let us know.

Keith

We are one of the first ones off the ship, even though we drive in. We have a four hour drive so the sooner you are off, the less traffic you have to worry about. We pick up our cat at the vets, stop by and get our house key from a friend who feds our cockatiels and checks our house while we are away, stop at the grocery store and pick up items for lunch and supper :( since we no longer have someone cooking for us.

And, the sooner we are off the sooner we come to realize that our cruise vacation is over.

YMMV depending on when the ship's next departure is, often they ship sails in the evening between 5 to 7 pm and often permits boarding at noon or soon after.

The latest I've ever been on is around 11am, and everyone was busy getting the ship ready for the next wave of passengers, perhaps you can stay in the lounge or grab lunch but likely not much longer than that. I doubt they can track every passenger but you'll have to figure out what to do with your luggage.

I know on RCCL you can purchase a package which allows you to stay aboard until you want to leave with I believe a 3pm cutoff. We used this last year and you have access to the whole ship with the exception of a cabin.

I'll have to look into this, I'm going ot be on RCCL Mariner of the seas, this would be the best option i think.

I think your best bet is to catch the train from Civi to Rome's Termini station, stash your luggage in the left-luggage facility there, sprnd a few hours in Rome, then train from termini to the airport.

JB :)

This sounds like the best bet -- unless you are very lucky and are on an extremely unlikely (if not totally fictitious) itinerary which lets you stay on board after the new round of passengers start boarding.

Archived