Selecting pre & post cruise lodging in FLL & MIA - Daunting!

cjknick

Hello, fellow CC members!

First let me apologize as I'm sure this topic has been covered on the boards already and I've read SEVERAL of them, but not that covers what advice I need specifically.

I will be traveling from Boise, ID to FLL for a NCL EPIC cruise leaving November 17, 2012, departing MIA. I flew into FLL instead of MIA because it was about a $200 cheaper fare. I still paid about $150 more than what I had budgeted for air fare. It's so expensive right now! So, in order to balance my budget a bit I'm going to have to cut back on my lodging expenses. I've already cut my vacation plans a day short to accommodate however, I still need to pinch pennies on lodging.

I will be traveling solo and I'm female. My flight arrives in FLL at 11 p.m. My plan is to stay overnight and travel to MIA the next day and stay a night there and board my cruise the next day.

I need a hotel in FLL the first night that is not far from the airport, preferably. I would like to take a hotel shuttle from FLL to the hotel but I'm not seeing many hotels that offer that in the area. I would be willing to take a cab, thus needing a place to lay my head that night not far from the airport so it doesn't cost me an arm & a leg in cab fare.

In MIA I'd like to stay close to POM so I don't have to travel far to get there the morning of departure, however since I'll have a day in MIA, I'd like to stay someplace that is not out-of-the-way so I can walk to the beach.

My budget is about $100/night. I've read the CC boards, done research on tripadvisor, priceline, bookingbuddy, and many other of the like. It's DAUNTING and I'm so uncomfortable deciding on one place.

I've never been to FLL or MIA and the maps confuse me! I don't know areas of the cities and am concerned about not feeling safe, too.

I'm hoping to get some clear insight from those of you who may have some good advise to offer me.

Thanks so much!

Cindy in Boise

You might have more luck on the North American Cruise Ports board for Florida, here

But let me suggest you just stay one place. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are really close. I would be exhausted getting into one hotel late one night, running to Miami, checking into another hotel. It's too me (at least to me).

You might have more luck on the North American Cruise Ports board for Florida, here

But let me suggest you just stay one place. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are really close. I would be exhausted getting into one hotel late one night, running to Miami, checking into another hotel. It's too me (at least to me).

You know, I thought about that. But so unfamiliar with the area and traveling so late at night, I'm not too confident with maneuvering around FLL. If you have some suggestions, I'd certainly be opine to it because I'm not thrilled with all that packing & moving either :)

Thanks!

Cindy

The Hilton Garden Inn, Ft Lauderdale Airport has a Miami Cruise pkg that includes room, and round trip shuttle to the POM and then back to the FLL airport. http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port-FLLFHGI/index.html Click on Special Offers on the left hand side of the page and then scroll down to Miami Cruise pkg. You may have to call the hotel directly for addl info about the pkg.

I believe that the Comfort Inn & Suites FLL Airport South also has a Miami port cruise pkg. http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-hollywood-florida-FL243/Hotel-Services?sid=xCBNr.k-ul9gMRh.5&&sarea=&sname=&slon=&slat=&schain=&scountry=&sstate=&type=&sradius=&dateFormat=mm/dd/yy&arrivalDate=11/16/12&departureDate=11/17/12&sstate_country=&scity=&srp=RACK&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=&nchild2=&nadult3=&nchild3=&nadult4=&nchild4=&nadult5=&nchild5=&amenity=&map=

2 other FLL hotels that offer the Miami cruise port pkg are the Rodeway Inn

http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-fort_lauderdale-florida-FL775

... and Ramada Inn FLL Airport http://ramadainnairport.com/

I have not stayed in any of these hotels but got the information from other CC members.

Good luck to you.

:)

We stayed in Miami at the holiday inn downtown, there are lots of people going to the ship that you could share a taxi with too to save costs and its only a couple of miles to the ship from there

We got it for a bargain price last time for less than $90 a night

In FLL - we have stayed at the Hilton next to the port but it takes priceline to get a good deal for the price you are looking for

Archived