IOTS v Sunbeds

TFB!!! Then you give up the right to that chair; If you CHOOSE to go to the MDR, you cannot reasonably expect to keep your chair(s) for that long. That is the downside of eating in the MDR

Where's the downside to cruising on a ship that doesn't have the means to service the guests:rolleyes:

Sometimes the subject of wages does crop up in conversation with crew , it happened to us once with our cabin steward ,after being on board for nearly a week whilst chatting to our lovely steward we found out that her husband was the comical pool waiter , we said had we known we would have bought any drinks from him , she said oh yes please do as he doesn't earn anything he is solely on commission .now we were shocked by this and questioned it and she was adamant that that is what happened, We did not ask about wages it purely came up in conversation because we were asking her about missing her family and she told us she was lucky in having her husband on board , that ended up in us finding out it was the said waiter .However people on here are very touchy about guests asking crew members personal information such as wages , that's why I think the previous poster was interested in why you would ask such personal info .

On another note , maybe you should start a thread on who has the highest onboard account , I think you would be in the running for winning that one :D

Linda .

I think there will be a few more people more then that Linda, normally the crew go out of their way to let you know how hard it is on them when working the cruise ships, I'm not sure who brought it up on the last cruise because we hear this thing all the time, we do what we feel is right and prepay the tips, and then some. If people don't want to pay that's upto them, go and get waited on for free.

My expectations are the same as the biggest majority, every customer going needs customer care, more so than ever when things go wrong. It doesnt matter if your purchase is the cheapest or most expensive of items, quality customer care will always be appreciated by any purchaser.

I believe the previous poster is having a hard time believing someone has that type of money to spend at all. We all get what we work for I suppose. The previous poster read it totally wrong and thought RCCL were giving onboard CREDITS of $10,200, now that would be nice eh.

like i said before,i think you exagerate

i didnt think rccl were giving you an onboard spend of $10,200 that would be silly,what is silly is spending thousands of dollars on artwork that will be worth a couple of hundred dollars when you get home,you also said about the price of cigs fact is $60 for 400 mayfair not 90 euos like you told someone else:D

We just returned from IOTS today, during this voyage we had some fantastic weather, as this is a UK departure the guests normally like to make the most of the opportunity to get a tan. We were in the gym for an hour before deciding to go and get a bit of sun, the time was 10:30 as we strolled onto deck12 in search of our berthing rights for the day, after 1hour of continuously patrolling the decks with numerous other guests with towels under their arms, we decided to call it a day.

Every single bed was taken, either physicaly or by means of a towel draped over it.

There is obviously not enough beds for the potential amount of guests.

I would say most of the beds that morning had towels draped over them to save for later in the day.

While its wrong to commandeer the beds, it's also hard to blame a passenger for doing this when there is clearly not enough beds to go round.

This is going to be a long lasting issue if you ask me.

Your thoughts please.

I am thinking about taking a bunch of postits and a pen with me and as I see obvious chairhogs, attaching a postit with the time and then following it up with a return visit to remove their stuff after 30 minutes. Or I could print up postcards saying "I'm moving your stuff in 30 minutes ****head, look for your old shopping bag and single flip flop in lost & found." And I could do it as I am doing my morning walk. I am going to be so popular on my ship.

I am thinking about taking a bunch of postits and a pen with me and as I see obvious chairhogs, attaching a postit with the time and then following it up with a return visit to remove their stuff after 30 minutes. Or I could print up postcards saying "I'm moving your stuff in 30 minutes ****head, look for your old shopping bag and single flip flop in lost & found." And I could do it as I am doing my morning walk. I am going to be so popular on my ship.

pool boys were doing this on this cruise without ****head wrote on note:)

I think there will be a few more people more then that Linda, normally the crew go out of their way to let you know how hard it is on them when working the cruise ships, I'm not sure who brought it up on the last cruise because we hear this thing all the time, we do what we feel is right and prepay the tips, and then some. If people don't want to pay that's upto them, go and get waited on for free.

Though I have never experienced it, I wonder why they do that?

What a great way to spend a cruise vacation.

I don't really understand why the amount you willingly spent onboard can have anything to do with how royal treat you , I am guessing the poster you are referring to finds it hard to understand why you are ploughing so much money into something that annoys you so much .

Maybe you ought to consider some of the luxury cruise lines in future , they may be more suitable for your expectations .

Totally agree with these comments, and if I felt as Julesben obviously does I would be cancelling all my future cruises with Royal Caribbean. Clearly, any loss of deposit wouldn't be a problem for them.

Regarding pre-paying gratuities, I've always been under the impression that UK cruisers automatically had this added, regardless of who they booked through, and had to go out of their way to have them removed from their invoice.

Totally agree with these comments, and if I felt as Julesben obviously does I would be cancelling all my future cruises with Royal Caribbean. Clearly, any loss of deposit wouldn't be a problem for them.

Regarding pre-paying gratuities, I've always been under the impression that UK cruisers automatically had this added, regardless of who they booked through, and had to go out of their way to have them removed from their invoice.

Yeah, I´m with you, but OTOH we would be missing out on some great entertainment reading his threads.;):D

I was on the cruise and did notice that the sunbeds were taken early on. If sunbeds were so important you should have gone to a staff member and requested they remove towels from some that had been left for more than half an hour. There were lots.

The only time I sat on loungers was late afternoon and by then there were always some available.

like i said before,i think you exagerate

i didnt think rccl were giving you an onboard spend of $10,200 that would be silly,what is silly is spending thousands of dollars on artwork that will be worth a couple of hundred dollars when you get home,you also said about the price of cigs fact is $60 for 400 mayfair not 90 euos like you told someone else:D

Which cruise was you on, what date, what is it I'm exaggerating about?....

We are none smokers, however the deal on the 2nd June 2012 sailing on Independence was $90 for things like L&B, they were $60 on the Cork cruise (FACT)

We FULLY agree with your comment regarding the value of the artwork, which is why RCCL give an unconditional 30 day warranty upon receipt of the goods, to enable any buyers to do their homework. However we would love to hear from anyone who's sent their artwork back to RCCL because it's been worthless.

We would also appreciate anyone who can clarify the situation with the cigarettes price increase this last 5 or 6 weeks, help please..

TFB!!! Then you give up the right to that chair; If you CHOOSE to go to the MDR, you cannot reasonably expect to keep your chair(s) for that long. That is the downside of eating in the MDR

The MDR on a sea day lunch time is called Brasserie 30 for a reason, as all waiters do tell you this is your opportunity to enjoy two courses inside 30 minutes.

Yeah, I´m with you, but OTOH we would be missing out on some great entertainment reading his threads.;):D

We're glad you like em, as I'm a novice on these things, what's OTOH and TFB mean.

I was on the cruise and did notice that the sunbeds were taken early on. If sunbeds were so important you should have gone to a staff member and requested they remove towels from some that had been left for more than half an hour. There were lots.

The only time I sat on loungers was late afternoon and by then there were always some available.

I'm of the opinion there should be enough to go round, having enough would eliminate lots of potential problems, the guests would not feel the need to commandeer them if there was enough.

We've never decided to go down the commandeering road, however you can see why so many do when supply is short. They say you snooze you lose.

That's a cracking idea, LMFAO :cool:

Which cruise was you on, what date, what is it I'm exaggerating about?....

We are none smokers, however the deal on the 2nd June 2012 sailing on Independence was $90 for things like L&B, they were $60 on the Cork cruise (FACT)

We FULLY agree with your comment regarding the value of the artwork, which is why RCCL give an unconditional 30 day warranty upon receipt of the goods, to enable any buyers to do their homework. However we would love to hear from anyone who's sent their artwork back to RCCL because it's been worthless.

We would also appreciate anyone who can clarify the situation with the cigarettes price increase this last 5 or 6 weeks, help please..

On day one (2nd June) I paid $90 for 400 super kings, when we got to gibraltar I paid 47€ for a further 400' when back on Indy, maybe a day or two before we got home, I saw them advertised with a 15% discount.. On navigator last October I paid $47 for 400, so I agree, rccl need to find a price and stick to it across the board.

On day one (2nd June) I paid $90 for 400 super kings, when we got to gibraltar I paid 47€ for a further 400' when back on Indy, maybe a day or two before we got home, I saw them advertised with a 15% discount.. On navigator last October I paid $47 for 400, so I agree, rccl need to find a price and stick to it across the board.

Thanks for coming to my aid on that one, the same 400s were $60 back in May 2012, that represents a 50% hike in my books, just glad I don't smoke, the 15% discount is normally on the first and last day or two, on Indy anyway.

Huge sigh of relief going on round here, thanks again :cool:

In April when we sailed , 400 lambert and butler were $60 on one day of the cruise , they were on promotion being sold along the royal promenade , the rest of the time they were in the shop for $70 ,I don't smoke , however a friend purchased a single packet from one of the bars and was charged just under $7 , that's a he'll of a Mark up from a carton .

Linda .

In April when we sailed , 400 lambert and butler were $60 on one day of the cruise , they were on promotion being sold along the royal promenade , the rest of the time they were in the shop for $70 ,I don't smoke , however a friend purchased a single packet from one of the bars and was charged just under $7 , that's a he'll of a Mark up from a carton .

Linda .

Your not really surprised are you Linda, it is a huge mark up though, isn't it.

I'm glad it's been confirmed by the members regarding prices though :cool:

We've heard that on recent cruises, that would be so embarrassing, for us anyway, to go and ask for tips to be removed.

When the cruise is booked, prepaid tips are added at our request, job done.

Thanks for confirming the lack of availability, did you notice lots of people walking round with towels under their arms, looking for sunbeds?

Archived