Tipping question

blum74

On Princess no extra tipping is required . We usually tip the Room Service Person extra because they aren't part of the gratuity pool.

You could tip the MDR server extra at the end of the cruise if you had the same one all the time and he/she gave extra good service.

All bar charges add an automatic 15% gratuity to all bills.

If you find one bartender that gave very good personal service , they can be tipped extra.

On Princess no extra tipping is required . We usually tip the Room Service Person extra because they aren't part of the gratuity pool.

You could tip the MDR server extra at the end of the cruise if you had the same one all the time and he/she gave extra good service.

All bar charges add an automatic 15% gratuity to all bills.

If you find one bartender that gave very good personal service , they can be tipped extra.

Who is the "Room Service Person"? If you mean the cabin steward, he/she definitely shares in the gratuity pool. I don't recall percentages, but the room steward gets the lion's share, as well they should. They are usually the only ones I give an "extra" tip at the end of the cruise.

Who is the "Room Service Person"? If you mean the cabin steward, he/she definitely shares in the gratuity pool. I don't recall percentages, but the room steward gets the lion's share, as well they should. They are usually the only ones I give an "extra" tip at the end of the cruise.

The Room Service Person is the one who brings food to your room that is ordered from Room Service.

Built in gratuity for a full suite was $12 pp per day on my recent Princess cruise. Does anyone know what the built in gratuity for a balcony or ocean view is on Princess at the present time? Thanks for any info.

Built in gratuity for a full suite was $12 pp per day on my recent Princess cruise. Does anyone know what the built in gratuity for a balcony or ocean view is on Princess at the present time? Thanks for any info.
$11.50.

If one were to be correct, you'd say "cabin service" as the place where you are sleeping on the ship is a cabin. "Room service" is a term from the hotel industry used for food delivery. Sometimes, it's best to be clear about who we're referring to rather than to try to find a more general or acceptable term.

$11.50.

If one were to be correct, you'd say "cabin service" as the place where you are sleeping on the ship is a cabin. "Room service" is a term from the hotel industry used for food delivery. Sometimes, it's best to be clear about who we're referring to rather than to try to find a more general or acceptable term.

On a recent Princess cruise I used the term cabin. I was corrected by a cruise staff that Princess has Stateroom, not cabins!:confused:

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

On a recent Princess cruise I used the term cabin. I was corrected by a cruise staff that Princess has Stateroom, not cabins!:confused:
According to the definition on Wikipedia, a stateroom is a "superior first class cabin." Today, it's used interchangeably to mean a cabin because technically, only full suites could be called a stateroom, adding to the confusion. So, it's really both a stateroom and a cabin. :) By that definition, I'm corrected because someone referring to a stateroom could shorten the term and call it a room.

We usually tip the Room Service Person extra because they aren't part of the gratuity pool.

The Room Service Person is the one who brings food to your room that is ordered from Room Service.

Room service personnel are included in the gratuity pool.

However, just like cabin stewards, bar tenders, and dining room personnel they do not mind getting extra tips.

$11.50.

In my experience, Princess itself calls the service 'room service'.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp

"Passengers may call for personal complimentary Room Service at any time of the day or night. To have continental breakfast delivered to the stateroom, fill out the breakfast card included in the stateroom portfolio (one is also placed on the pillow) and hang it out at night on the stateroom door in order to receive delivery the next morning at the time of your choosing. For a full stateroom menu, passengers may review the stateroom portfolio, call the number listed in the telephone directory or press the "Room Service" button on their phone."

Sometime, the things I read here are really, really funny.

Thank you. That should have been self evident. Guess I had a senior moment.:o

They are very tipable.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

He must think he's working for Cunard.:p

Archived