Oasis/Allure Drydock?

Hi, there was a discussion on this previously and I think 2014/15 might have been mentioned as a possible drydock for Oasis, however, we were on Oasis in November and she was in great condition, they have a team of people constantly keeping her in top shape, I don't think you will have anything to worry about. happy cruising.

Drydock plans are usually set by the need to do maintenance on the underwater portions of the ship. All of the other work that is done on the interior/exterior of the ship is secondary to the underwater work.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Oasis and Allure dry dock plans as there is not a drydock facility on this side of the Atlantic that is large enough to work on these ships. (Possibly the US navy drydock on the east coast)

There have been reports here that have quoted one of the captains as saying they will be dry docked in Europe. No information whether they crossings will have passengers , or that there would be Med cruises involved. Keeping in mind that the cruise terminal in Port Everglades was specifically designed for these large ships, and the few ports that can accomidate them, it might be an issue for any facility to handle passengers in Europe.

I'm planning a cruise for early 2014. Will either of these ships have been recently renovated? If not, will the wear and tear be noticeable?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Have you ever been on a Royal Caribbean ship before? Royal Caribbean takes great care to maintain and update their ships on a regular basis. Cleaning and maintenance is done on a daily basis. I've never once been onboard when I didn't see someone painting or cleaning something. You should not worry about wear and tear. The ships are clean and beautiful.

I was just on Allure two weeks ago and it looked great as it should being under two years old. I commented to my girlfriend that I wonder how the Oasis class ships will look at 20 years. They certainly keep things up to date but of course it'll show some age down the road. However I'd think for at least the first five years there won't be any noticeable aging.

Archived