!4 Day Round Trip Los Angeles to Alaska

mndctrl

My family does not fly so anything RT out of L.A. is what we do.

We don't fly either !

Can you say fifth time on Princess RT to Hawaii coming up?

We have our 4th booked for Feb.

Please Princess listen--give us west coasters something else to do--14 day RT ALASKA of out Los Angeles!!!

Exactly !

Yseone :)

We are actually waiting for the 2017 schedules so we can book another Alaska cruise.

Patti

Edited by sassyredhat

Unfortunately, a combination if Hawaii and Alaska couldn't work. ... because of the times these cruises are offered.

Also, the LA-Alaska cruise would take more than 14 days.

At least, now we have the 19-day cruise to the Panama Canal RT from LA!

It would work better going out of SF :D

This is something that I would jump on if cruised out of SF, or even LA. Just the other day I saw HAL offered 14 day RT from Seattle and hitting some really interesting ports - Anchorage, Icy Straight, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka. It's not that difficult for us to get to Seattle from SF, even for those of us who hate flying...there is always the train. I'm pretty sure we will be booking next year for an August voyage. The price is good, as well. HAL has all the good qualities of Princess and so what if there is nothing to do after 11p.m? With all those ports to explore, who wants to stay up late? :D

I would like to see Princess do a Alaska cruise that start in LA stops for a full day in Vancouver (to board passengers) continue to Alaska and return to LA . Do this cruise during the Alaska Season.

I would like to see more out of LA as well but the above would be perfect for me. I could board in LA with my 2 grandchildren then pick up the other 2 in Vancouver. Heaven!

Since Mexico is out - We need more options that include RT Los Angeles. Other than Hawaii there is little else us Angelenos can do from here. RT to Alsaka including Seattle and/or Vancouver/Victoria would be great.

For me a costal CA cruise is not enticing as I drive to SF a few times a year already and with Santa Barbara & San Diego only an hour and half away the cruise doesn't take me anywhere I can't get to. There is so much cruise variety from Ft Lauderdale/Miami and they can't drive there either.

We did not sail on it, but Celebrity offered a wine country tour!

I would think the demand would determine how much Princess can charge and therefore its profit. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot else for Southern California cruisers to spend their money on during the summer.

I guess two 7-day Seattle RTs could bring in more profit than one 14-day L.A. RT, but right now, who's getting the L.A. cruise dollar? No one.

Jim

Carnival gets the LA summer cruise business. We need more options.

Don't want to fly to the ship? There are 1,000s (millions?) of us in the US who MUST fly to any cruise ship we take. :(

I'd love a 14-day Alaska cruise out of San Francisco or Seattle -- if it visited more Alaska ports -- Kodiak Ils., Kenai, Sitka, Haines, etc. If out of SF, it could also visit Oregon. From either, there could be longer stops in Vancouver and/or Victoria. And love some sea days!

And if it goes as far as Dutch Harbor, I'm really IN!

My first Alaska cruise was in 1981 on Sitmar's Fairsea, 14 days RT from SF w/stops in Vancouver, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, Nanimo & Victoria -- I was hooked!

I think we Seniors would really support more, varied RT Alaska cruises from CA -- easier flights & more to see.:)

I try to avoid flying and would RELISH a 14 day round trip to Alaska. We West Coaster's are getting a bit tired of the same old same old in Mexico.

I try to avoid flying too. But it doesn't work.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This is something that I would jump on if cruised out of SF, or even LA. Just the other day I saw HAL offered 14 day RT from Seattle and hitting some really interesting ports - Anchorage, Icy Straight, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka. It's not that difficult for us to get to Seattle from SF, even for those of us who hate flying...there is always the train. I'm pretty sure we will be booking next year for an August voyage. The price is good, as well. HAL has all the good qualities of Princess and so what if there is nothing to do after 11p.m? With all those ports to explore, who wants to stay up late? :D

We did a 14-day Alaskan cruise with Princess a couple of years ago - it was the NB and SB as a B2B - Vancouver to Whittier and back - and it was great. More glaciers to see, which I love, and we didn't have to pack up and get off the ship after 1 week.

We would love to go out of LA, 14 days or even longer. They could do a 14 day from LA to Alaska ending up north, then a 14 day coming south. Maybe stick a 7 day staying up north in between. The ports could vary, encouraging back to backs, and perhaps offering a larger variety of ports. We have done 2 different 14 days-once on Princess, once on HAL. We have also done the 10 day out of San Francisco. Loved the longer cruises, loved seeing more than Skagway, Ketichan, and Juneau.

LAX to SYD was 14 hours 30 minutes for us. It should not take 7.5 more hours from San Francisco.

I think the stopover time at the airport was included.

I've been starting to plan a cruise in the US for my 65th. Want a Window Suite, so fairly limited in choice of itineraries-currently West Caribbean or Glaciers in Alaska, which is my favourite. The only problem I've encountered is flying Anchorage-Los Angeles, couldn't find out the details of the plane-I prefer an aircraft that has a Handicapped Toilet checked on Seatguru, but couldn't find out the details. Just costing at this stage, and it's over a decade away but due to disabilities, I tend to over plan for my own peace of mind.

Another point I need to watch out for is-as I do not know the airports at all, and have sight and mobility problems, I prefer to have several hours between arriving on 1 flight, and departing on the next, to allow for transferring between terminals. Some future questions for my unfortunate TA to find answers to-I'm her "Client From Hell!" with my conflicting disabilities and mobility issues.

I did try researching the flights online, hit trouble with the US side of things, couldn't get the information on their website re flight times and plane type. Think I'll leave that to the TA.

Always follow the money. Demand is one factor but the biggest factor is how much Princess can charge for one itinerary vs. another. It's all about profits. :) Like the others, I'd love to go on a R/T cruise from LA to Alaska, even if it only got to Glacier Bay and Ketchikan.

The 19-day R/T to the Panama Canal from LA 11/16/16 is going to be a winner. We've got a great group already booked.

Oh WOW - this sounds so perfect. Had no idea an LA to LA Panama Canal was available. I'm booking this one right now!!

Thanks Pam!!