Millennium photos - newly refurbished decor

GARYTHEHITMAN

I recently returned from the June 8 sailing of the Millennium from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, also first time on a larger cruise ship --- all my previous cruises have been on small ships such as Club Med, Windstar, Rennaisance.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship, which can be seen online at my Picasa website, at the folllowing link: https://picasaweb.google.com/108922422869265475120/CelebrityMillenniumOnBoard#

Almost all of the photos were taken in available light, no flash. Several were taken with an extreme wide-angle lens, which tends to alter perspective somewhat --- walls and surfaces may not seem to be parallel.

I managed to get into all of the restaurants, with the exception of Blu --- seemed like when they weren't serving a meal, the wait staff was having a meeting, or the doors were closed.

I found the interior decor to be quite tasteful, with a lot of interesting art works. Each of the elevator lobbies had a small statuette or sculpture in a wall niche on each floor. I did a collage of these pieces for easier viewing.

Enjoy!

I recently returned from the June 8 sailing of the Millennium from Seward, AK to Vancouver, BC, Canada. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, also first time on a larger cruise ship --- all my previous cruises have been on small ships such as Club Med, Windstar, Rennaisance.

I took a lot of photos of the newly refurbished interior of the ship, which can be seen online at my Picasa website, at the folllowing link: https://picasaweb.google.com/108922422869265475120/CelebrityMillenniumOnBoard#

Almost all of the photos were taken in available light, no flash. Several were taken with an extreme wide-angle lens, which tends to alter perspective somewhat --- walls and surfaces may not seem to be parallel.

I managed to get into all of the restaurants, with the exception of Blu --- seemed like when they weren't serving a meal, the wait staff was having a meeting, or the doors were closed.

I found the interior decor to be quite tasteful, with a lot of interesting art works. Each of the elevator lobbies had a small statuette or sculpture in a wall niche on each floor. I did a collage of these pieces for easier viewing.

Enjoy!

Gary, your pictures are much better than mine of the interior which are posted at this link: Photos of the Millennium Public Spaces.

Here's a picture of BLU

Brie283.jpg

Very nice!

She looks much brighter than the Constellation.

I love the looks of the Olympic Restaurant, sure know I will spend some evenings there next January :D

I would concur, the Millie refurb seems brighter, bolder and more Solstice like!

We were on the Millie about 19 months ago. The refurb looks awesome, as are your pics. I would love to take another cruise on her. We're sailing the Summit next week. Looks very similar to pics I have seen of her.

Your pics of Alaska are stunning. Very hard to capture, yet you have managed to do a fantastic job.

Beautiful pictures--thank you! I sailed on the Millennium in 2006, and I hardly recognize her now-- the ship looks even more stunning!

Thanks to Tenn4ever for the pictures of Blu. Out of curiosity, where is Blu located on the Millie?

Beautiful pictures--thank you! I sailed on the Millennium in 2006, and I hardly recognize her now-- the ship looks even more stunning!

Thanks to Tenn4ever for the pictures of Blu. Out of curiosity, where is Blu located on the Millie?

Blu is located on deck 5 Aft on the same level as the upper level of the Metropolitan Dining Room (main dining room upper level). It's beautiful. Even though I didn't dine there I was allowed to come in and make pictures when no one was there.:)

Blu is located on deck 5 Aft on the same level as the upper level of the Metropolitan Dining Room (main dining room upper level). It's beautiful. Even though I didn't dine there I was allowed to come in and make pictures when no one was there.:)

Thank you!

Great photos! How in the world did you get so many photos with no people in them?

We are doing the opposite route. Do you happen to have any photos/scans of the menus and the daily schedules?

We did the Vancouver to Seward route on June 1. We loved it - had the most gorgeous weather :D. I have menus and daily schedules. However, I don't know when I will get them scanned in. I may try the menus tonight but I don't know about the daily schedules.

We did the Vancouver to Seward route on June 1. We loved it - had the most gorgeous weather :D. I have menus and daily schedules. However, I don't know when I will get them scanned in. I may try the menus tonight but I don't know about the daily schedules.

That would be wonderful! If it's easier to photocopy and mail them or mail the originals and have me mail it back, I'd gladly pay for shipping and scan them for everyone too. :D

Archived