Hotel Seattle

messymarie

Can't tell you about hotels, I stay with friends in the Seattle area, but Wendy, your recs are the best of Seattle food. Our favorites are Wild Ginger for Asian so typical of Seattle, Anthony's for seafood, and Il Terrazzo Carmine for Italian. Visiting these 3 give you a nice taste of why people love Seattle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just posted a review of the Seattle Marriott Waterfront on another thread but basically the hotel was dirty, poor service, bed moved everytime my husband breathed and kept me awake all night.

It is funny because I returned to work to see my inbox full of email from the Marriott bragging how great this hotel is - that their service is better than expected. Not what I encountered!! Very very very dissatisfied - we have had better service and accommodations at cheap motels at a fraction of the price $412.

Be forewarned!!!!

I live in Seattle and my recommendation would be to stay within walking distance of "downtown" and the Pike Place Market. There are many, many great restaurants, shops, Seattle Art Museum, the waterfront, that you can experience. You will still need to cab it to the pier. The Edgewater is on the North end of the waterfront and a fairly good walk to downtown. However, all that said and done, the Edgewaters claim to fame is that the Beatles stayed there many years ago and it has been said you can rent a fishing pole and fish from your room....OK, maybe I'm dating myself, doubt they still provide such an amenity. Hope this helps !

The downtown area - near Pike's Market is (IMHO) the best place to be. So much to see and experience pre-cruise! The Edgewater is fine if you're only going to be in Seattle the night before the cruise. But, if you plan to see a bit of the city before (or after) your cruise...pick one of the many nice hotels in town. My pick is the Red Lion Inn.

I just posted a review of the Seattle Marriott Waterfront on another thread but basically the hotel was dirty, poor service, bed moved everytime my husband breathed and kept me awake all night.

It is funny because I returned to work to see my inbox full of email from the Marriott bragging how great this hotel is - that their service is better than expected. Not what I encountered!! Very very very dissatisfied - we have had better service and accommodations at cheap motels at a fraction of the price $412.

Be forewarned!!!!

I have read several very bad reviews of this hotel. But, we booked it anyway and we loved it. Our room was clean and comfortable with one of the little balconies - right on the corner, so we had views in two directions. So, it must depend a lot on which rooms you stay in and which housekeeper you get!

Yes, be forewarned - apparently this is a hit-and-miss hotel. Our experience was very good, but the reviews are decidedly mixed.

We are staying in a two bedroom suite at the Residence for a great AAA Rate. Full breakfast and they will van us to Pier 30 for our 9/24 Canal trip

We stayed at Residence Inn Lake Union before our cruise and really liked it. The breakfast was very good. It's one of the nicest Residence Inns I have ever seen. The bed was incredible - we both loved the bed! And, our view was great! Hope you enjoy it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After a perfectly horrible experience at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront last month, on my birthday no less, I contacted the Health Department about conditions that I found in the pool and spa area.

I was notified by them that they did indeed find several violations and I am waiting for a copy of the report. The investigator was very nice and took time to explain what they found.

Anyhow, I was VERY DISSATISFIED with the whole experience of staying at this location. I have contacted Marriott Guest Services and went a step further to speak with someone in "Mr. Marriott's Office" (basically just another department - not really his office) and was told that they will make no accomodation for the problems I encountered.

So the next step will be disputing through my charge card. I will include a copy of the Health Department Violations/Inspection Report, photos of the filth and condition plus an explanation of the bad management and problems conditions that I encountered.

As someone else wrote "this is a hit or miss" hotel. So if you are planning to spend at a minimum $412 for a basic room I would suggest that you look somewhere else such as the Westin Downtown (it was wonderful!!)

After a perfectly horrible experience at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront last month, on my birthday no less, I contacted the Health Department about conditions that I found in the pool and spa area.

I was notified by them that they did indeed find several violations and I am waiting for a copy of the report. The investigator was very nice and took time to explain what they found.

Anyhow, I was VERY DISSATISFIED with the whole experience of staying at this location. I have contacted Marriott Guest Services and went a step further to speak with someone in "Mr. Marriott's Office" (basically just another department - not really his office) and was told that they will make no accomodation for the problems I encountered.

So the next step will be disputing through my charge card. I will include a copy of the Health Department Violations/Inspection Report, photos of the filth and condition plus an explanation of the bad management and problems conditions that I encountered.

As someone else wrote "this is a hit or miss" hotel. So if you are planning to spend at a minimum $412 for a basic room I would suggest that you look somewhere else such as the Westin Downtown (it was wonderful!!)

Anyone have any info on Holiday Inn on Aurora. I think that it is pretty close to Pikes and the space needle.
I don’t remember the specific hotel mentioned, but the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle are mutually exclusive as to being convenient. You can be within walking distance of either one, but not both. Aurora is a very busy street.

We stayed at the Fairmont a few weeks ago! One night was courtesy of HAL because we had booked a suite and one was on us (being our anniversary and all it was a nice treat). We walked to the Space Needle and in the other direction to Pikes Market and didn't have a problem. We are walkers (Marathon racewalkers) so the distance was not at all intimidating. We had a couple of dinners out but for our anniversary we ate at the Waterfront Seafood Grill because of a show I saw on the food channel. The food was wonderful although a little pricey! We went for a particular dessert (the volcano cake) and after seeing it errupt a number of times we ordered something else instead. My seared ahi was almost as big as a rib eye steak and cooked to perfection! Was reminded of this wonderful meal because today, in the mail, we got gift certificates with a handwritten note asking us to stop in again next time we were in Seattle to watch the sunset! Next time I am there we will

We stayed at the Fairmont a few weeks ago! ... We walked to the Space Needle and in the other direction to Pikes Market and didn't have a problem. We are walkers (Marathon racewalkers) so the distance was not at all intimidating.

However, not everyone is a Marathon racewalker and I dare say that 99.9% of readers of this board would find the distances you are talking about, especially in very hilly Seattle, to be more than intimidating. I would hate for posters here who have never to been to Seattle to make plans to walk this area based on your experience. ;)

I did find Seattle a little hilly, but living in the Bay Area not overly so. However, from the Fairmont it is 1.5 miles to Pikes Market in one direction and 1.3 miles in the other direction to the Space Needle. It was a flat walk to the space needle (although if the Monorail had been working we would have done that just for fun) and although getting to Pikes Market called for some hill navigation, even I took my time. Taxi fare from the Fairmont to the market area was about 12.00 plus tip. Another fun trip, and we drove, was to Everett to see the Boeing plant. Worth a few hours of your day.

You state that you rec`d a hotel room gratis from HAL because you were staying in a suite. Is this something new? We always stay in suites but have never been offered this amenity. Please post some info on this..........jean:cool:

The Fairmont Suite Deal was an offer that HAL had this past December. You had to reserve by the end of December. I got a notice in the mail because I ordered a brochure. The TA that made my travel arrangements didn't know about it until I told her about it - then she made sure I got the deal.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton by the airport? Our TA made our arrangements thru HAL and that is where they put us. I am under the impression that there is a HAL representative there and wonder if we can check in there.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton by the airport? Our TA made our arrangements thru HAL and that is where they put us. I am under the impression that there is a HAL representative there and wonder if we can check in there.

I wonder if this is the only hotel HAL is now using. I thought HAL used a downtown Seattle location also? Seatac is between Seattle and Tacoma and you will see nothing of beautiful Seattle or be able to enjoy the day/evening before your cruise. I'd ask my TA.

We get in at 10am the day before, so do have activities planned for that day.

I thought it was unusual to be close to the airport.

I did read a post from someone who stayed by Seatac, but it was not the Hilton. They did have a HAL desk. I wonder if they switched hotels.

We get in at 10am the day before, so do have activities planned for that day.

I thought it was unusual to be close to the airport.

I did read a post from someone who stayed by Seatac, but it was not the Hilton. They did have a HAL desk. I wonder if they switched hotels.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day, but Seatac will be very inconvenient I think. What do you plan to do?

We have a car rental right now, but are considering a taxi to the flight museum and then using the bus system. We would need to take a taxi back in the evening. We can get bus passes for $10.00 for the family. We would then have unlimited use and could even ride the water taxi in the evening. I hear it is a great view.

Archived