? For tikiintahiti

psyfi

I saw your great post on tripadvisor about cheap eats in Moorea. I was excited to find that as I would prefer not to eat in the resort the whole time. I just wanted to clarify a few things if I could. We are staying at the Hilton on Moorea.

I understand there is a convenience store .5-1 mile away. Do I go left or right upon leaving the Hilton? This would be a good place to get pop, juice, water etc? Would they have other meal building things like lunch meat and breads?

I understand there is a roulotte about .5 mile turning right from the Hilton. It is only open after 6 though right? This would be after dark, will it be ok to walk at night?

I understand there is a pizza place about .5 mile turning left. Is this a roulotte or a restaurant? Do you recall a name? Do you know if they are open for lunch as well as dinner? I was going to order delivery from Allo but this seems more convenient.

Have you eaten at Aito?

Do you have any other suggestions near the Hilton? Thank you for sharing your experience with us newbies!

Did you go to the PDF I made for the cheap eats around the Hilton?

Here it is again.

http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/708/AR408708/file_manager/Cheap_eats_close_to_the_Moorea_Hilton.pdf

The chinese place opens around 6:00 pm as stated on the link.

Lilikoi is now open for dinner Thursday - Saturday alomg with her normal open times stated on the link.

Never ate at the pizza joint so go at your own risk. The best pizza on the island is Daniel's pizza but that isn't within walking distance.

The small store is to your left when leaving the Hilton. It is about a mile give or take a 1/2 mile. Small store even by FP standards. Good for water, soda, beer, bread ........... wouldn't count on much else.

Tikiintahiti

do you have a similar list for cheap eats near the IC Moorea or should I just use the PDF for the Hilton?

Can' believe we leave in 4 days!

Now back to packing and reminding myself not to over pack!!!

Debbie

Tikiintahiti

do you have a similar list for cheap eats near the IC Moorea or should I just use the PDF for the Hilton?

I was going to ask the same thing! Tiki, that would be very helpful...thanks!

The location of the IC Moorea is not as isolated as the Hilton thus there are many places to eat/shop close by.

There is a nice store across the street, great for drinks and basic sandwich makings. They also serve 'plates' which usually consist of something like a chinese chicken dish served with rice. Good stuff and only about $9.00 bucks USD.

Acroos the street (a bit to the right) is one of the best restaurants on the island, La Villa Des Sens. Nice, romantic place with good food and the view is incredible.

If you go to your right about 3/4 mile you will come to Les Tipaniers, may favorite reasonable place to eat on Moorea. THere are 2 restaurants here, the main one which is close to the road that is open for dinner and their beach cafe. I prefer the beach cafe as the food is good and the view awesome looking out toward the lagoon and the motus. There is also a full bar here so you can grab your Mai Tai and sit on the deck to enjoy the view. The cafe is only open for breakfast and lunch.

If you contine down the road from Les Tipaniers another half mile you will come to Le Petite Village where you will find more places to eat, another market, bank and a few shopping places.

Hope this helps

Tiki

Hope this helps

Tiki

Absolutely! I'm printing it out and putting it in my binder to take with me. We'll be on Moorea for 3 nights post-cruise, so this info will definitely come in handy. Thanks! :)

Lilikoi is now open for dinner Thursday - Saturday alomg with her normal open times stated on the link.
I am a Facebook "fan" of the Lilikoi Garden Cafe and they recently posted a message that they will be closed for vacation from June 30 - July 16, inclusive. Apparently they are going to Japan and she promises new recipes when she gets back. :-)

Archived