Loads of newbie questions #4 - all about laundry. (Alaska Northbound)

PongosMum

The laundry is available the day of Sail-Away and the irons are in the laundry room. This September will be our 6th Alaska cruise and we have never had a problem using the laundry except if it was closed for maintance (happened once). Our TA ask Princess, when we were paying our final payment, if there were any days when the laundry was closed to use during the Alaska cruises and they indicated that they knew of no times that the laundry was closed.

I have been trying to find out the answer to the Laundry hours as well. Seems as if everyone has different answers. I will be watching this topic closely. But then will I believe it??? Some have said that the Princess lodges have public laundry rooms, but I havent been able to confirm this yet.

I've been doing this for years. Even at home. So simple and it really works. And you're right, no one ever talks about it. I thought I invented it! :D

Well I know I didn't invent it! So it might have been you!:) It was told to me by a fellow "road warrior" after I was griping one evening at the airport about having to iron when we got to our next destination. She looked at me with this look of utter incredulity on her face -- "You don't actually iron, do you?" she said. Needless to say, she gave me the scoop and the rest as they say ... is history!

Pongosmum: we were on Coral Princess last Sept. I too was concerned about laundry details. There was a laundry room on each passanger deck -- ours had 8 washers & 8 dryers. I did try to time when I did laundry to avoid crowds. I believe they close the room at 10pm. Bring lots of quarters. I also pack a small travel iron and I iron at my convenience. As mentioned above, I also keep in mind "wrinkle factor" when packing for longer trips. Have a wonderful trip!

if they spot your iron they will take it off you and give it back at the end of the cruise to

THANK YOU CARIBILL. You are my hero, thanks for looking it up. It really was on my list of things to do. :o I can lose lots of time reading CC. But oh the stuff I am learning!

As of last Sept., the two Princess Lodges we stayed in (McKinley and Denali) both had coin-operated machines, however, very limited. On the Coral, I believe I remember the laundry room hours as being approx. 0800-2200 daily. And I apologize to all those re: packing travel iron -- you're all perfectly right!

Archived