RSS discounted pricing?

K-MARK

We booked our cruise almost a year ago (sailing on the Mariner in October) and I now see RSS has a special promotion with much lower fares than we're paying.

Is it reasonable to ask for a reduction as we've not yet made our final payment?

Our TA is not familiar with RSS, so I'm not sure how hard I can ask her to push.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

This is why you should use a TA who is very familiar with Regent and keeps track of all fare reductions (you're going to hear this from a bunch of people besides me, but there it is.)

At any rate, if there is a suite in your original fare category still available, you can cancel and rebook at the lower rate if it is before final payment is due.

My TA keeps track of this stuff for me--one of the reasons I switched TA's several years ago. Then she just does the rebooking at the lower rate and emails me after it is done.

First make certain that you read the promotion carefully. Many of Regent's recent promotions are "cruise only" while you probably booked a fare with air and pre-cruise hotel.

Is the category you booked full? You can check this on the Regent website. If it is not full and there is a cabin that you find suitable, you can cancel and rebook. If you do this, I strongly recommend that you do so with a TA who specializes in luxury cruising. In cases like this, your TA is usually the one who can make the best recommenation.

Let us know if you get this resolved.

If you're going to cancel and rebook, be sure and do it by July 1st. After that date, a 15% cancellation penalty kicks in which may negate some or all of the savings you hope to realize. Good luck.

Hi Kathy & Mark, first, think it's wonderful six friends cruise together, especially celebrating birthdays on board. Believe you will absolutely love Regent even if

you're not in a 3BR suite. Believe if you cancel and rebook (all suite categories are available xcept H,G are GTY) only modest risk to cancel/rebook, I see is u may not get all the excursions you previously booked--if y'all rebook all six of you will have to also rebook your excursions. Agree with all of the posters above, if your TA verifies the fare reduction is significant for each of you, I would cancel & rebook (even at the risk of having to wait list previously selected excursions). DaveFr makes a potent point above since your final payment is due this Saturday, June 30th too.

ps.. Kathy, love your blog writing style.

Thank you all for your quick response. I realize now that I should have investigated this before I contacted my usual TA as there appears to be quite a difference in what a Luxury TA will provide service wise.

Live an learn...and boy am I a quick learner. :)

We've booked CAT G, and have made our own travel arrangements, so when you factor for the adjusted fare, there was still a savings and I'm pleased to say our TA was able to get RSS to provide the discount.

Now I need to do a little bit more research on OBC's, rebates, etc. to see if we can secure some further "incentives". While a Luxury TA may provide the research services, I don't mind doing my own legwork...I actually find it a lot fun!

Thanks again to all for your advice.

Hi Kathy & Mark, first, think it's wonderful six friends cruise together, especially celebrating birthdays on board. Believe you will absolutely love Regent even if

you're not in a 3BR suite. Believe if you cancel and rebook (all suite categories are available xcept H,G are GTY) only modest risk to cancel/rebook, I see is u may not get all the excursions you previously booked--if y'all rebook all six of you will have to also rebook your excursions. Agree with all of the posters above, if your TA verifies the fare reduction is significant for each of you, I would cancel & rebook (even at the risk of having to wait list previously selected excursions). DaveFr makes a potent point above since your final payment is due this Saturday, June 30th too.

ps.. Kathy, love your blog writing style.

Thanks Col. Wes. I'm new to the whole blog thing, so I really do appreciate the feedback!

I believe the only "OBC" or "rebates" will only come from your TA......and many are offering some very attractive incentives. From Regent unless you are a previous cruiser you will get nothing! That is why the huge threads about using Luxury TA's that specialize in Regent and other high end cruiselines. To be competitive they can not lower Regents cruise price but do share a big chunk of the commission with you.

Enjoy your time on Mariner!

Archived