anyone see celbrities while cruising

iiiisx349

On our transatlantic repositioning cruise from England to Boston in September 2010, Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink 182, was onboard with his family and entourage. The ship's staff closed off a small lounge on the top deck so he could spend time practicing there every day.

Evidently, he is no longer willing to fly after surviving that plane crash, so this was a good way for them to cross the Atlantic.

People were pretty good about not disturbing him.

I'm from the UK - I presume most of these people are in the US. Obviously I know people like Elizabeth Taylor. Would you know people from British TV or sports?

probably. I watch a LOT of BBC programming. and not just on BBCa either.

sat next to Jim Boeheim( SU Basketball coach) once on a plane. being a person who bleeds Orange this was the highlight of my day. he slept most of it.

had lunch with Elvis(okay, the impersonator on board who was there for a concert series) on Enchantment about 3 weeks ago.

last winter I was on the same plane going to Baltimore as Duff from Ace of Cakes

Has been to a State dinner with some guy named George Bush( the elder) I was in the same room. close as I got.

lots of child celebrities and entertainers take cruises and gain access to adult only venues. some people are irked by this( a kid is a kid and why should they get special treatment) and others are at least.. empathetic.. about the need for privacy and a sanctuary from all the screaming hordes of pre teen girls....

My wife and I took her daughter and then boyfriend on the Voyager of the Seas in March, 2008. She was "The Popular Girl" and he was "The Stud" on TVLand's High School Reunion, which was actually airing at the time of the cruise. Lots of people recognized them and they felt like celebrities themselves.

I'm from the UK - I presume most of these people are in the US. Obviously I know people like Elizabeth Taylor. Would you know people from British TV or sports?

Not to worry...I' ve never heard of most of these people either. People are misinterpreting the word, famous.

We flew home from our Alaska cruise from Seattle on Monday and saw Air Force One parked on the tarmac as we taxied to our gate in Boston's Logan? It was really close to us. :)

Does that count as 'celebrity'?

I believe that ex-President Bush recently sailed home on the QM2, and was seen dancing.

I saw a British soap star getting on a cruise ship; someone said that such people stay around their suites for peace and quiet.

Another Brit, Marco Pierre White, a top chef, has restaurants on some P&O ships, and he was cooking in the kitchen when we ate there.

Jo.

has anyone seen anyone famous?

Yes we did. We were married on the Sapphire Princess in 2005. So to celebrate our 1st anniversary we sailed on the Diamond Princess in 2006. At one of the art auctions we attended, Billy Dee Williams had his art up for auction. While looking at all of the art in a long hallway there he was! I walked up to him and said hello and asked him why he would paint a picture of cats. He laughed and explained to me why. I only wish that I had my camera with me. Oh well it was a thrill anyway.

We flew home from our Alaska cruise from Seattle on Monday and saw Air Force One parked on the tarmac as we taxied to our gate in Boston's Logan? It was really close to us. :)

Does that count as 'celebrity'?

hey she is an impressive piece of machinery inside and out.

( I just think Marine One is more bad @ss)

when i was on the EPIC, anthony from the opie and anthony radio show was on board. this was a huge deal for me as i am a big fan of the show.

got to hang out with him a few times and have some drinks. i'd say maybe only 30 or 40 other people knew who he was, witch was surprising considering that o&a are as popular as howard stern

Not to worry...I' ve never heard of most of these people either. People are misinterpreting the word, famous.

It doesn't take much to be famous anymore. You don't even need talent. All you have to do is be a self absorbed Prima Donna housewife or an adolescent drunk that causes a public disturbance.

Exactly -- with the Kardashians, Snookie and her housemates, "real" housewives of whereever, "celebrity" is a very vague term -- and sometimes it is hard to state whether we are talking about fame or infamy.

My own experience involved sharing a table with body doubles of two of the Three Stooges (with wives) - exhibiting the manners for which they are "famous". Fortunately, we were able to get reassigned to a different table.

Who cares?

I love comedies from Britain! Dawn French, Joanna Lumley, Jennifer Saunders, David Walliams and Matt Lucas are my favorites. I like the Benny Hill show too! Just finished Hotel Babylon and started watching Torchwood!

Archived