Harv and marv's or orca enterprises?

kayrob

1 hour ago, ute_fan said:

I saw that someone gave you the link to Harv and Marv's.  Just as an update, as my original post was written in 2012, the original owners have now sold the company.  We went with them when we were there 4 years ago, which was after the transition,  and had a great time and wonderful whale sightings.  I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from using them, but do be aware that the original owners are no longer involved.

We're going in June again, and Harv and Marv didn't have availability.  I'm going to try Jayleen's Alaska this time.  She's the daughter of one of the original Harv and Marv founders.  If Harv and Marv isn't available that's another option.  She gets good reviews here and on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for the update! I am also going in June with my family.

3 hours ago, ute_fan said:

I saw that someone gave you the link to Harv and Marv's.  Just as an update, as my original post was written in 2012, the original owners have now sold the company.  We went with them when we were there 4 years ago, which was after the transition,  and had a great time and wonderful whale sightings.  I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from using them, but do be aware that the original owners are no longer involved.

We're going in June again, and Harv and Marv didn't have availability.  I'm going to try Jayleen's Alaska this time.  She's the daughter of one of the original Harv and Marv founders.  If Harv and Marv isn't available that's another option.  She gets good reviews here and on TripAdvisor.

Jayleen offers a great excursion experience.  We have gone with her 4 times and will be going with her again in June for 2 excursions (we are doing B2B cruises.) Have a good time.

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Jayleen offers a great excursion experience.  We have gone with her 4 times and will be going with her again in June for 2 excursions (we are doing B2B cruises.) Have a good time.

I had seen your posts about her.  Part of the reason we chose her. 

Interesting story.  We first went with Harv & Marv in 2008.  Jayleen's Dad, Jay was one of the Harv & Marv guys (they didn't use their real names).  He took us out around Shelter Island, where they lived, and his wife kayaked out and brought us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  

Jayleen was interested to hear that when I booked with her.  Looking forward to another whale watching trip!

2 hours ago, ute_fan said:

I had seen your posts about her.  Part of the reason we chose her. 

Interesting story.  We first went with Harv & Marv in 2008.  Jayleen's Dad, Jay was one of the Harv & Marv guys (they didn't use their real names).  He took us out around Shelter Island, where they lived, and his wife kayaked out and brought us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  

Jayleen was interested to hear that when I booked with her.  Looking forward to another whale watching trip!

OMG.  We also went out with Jayleen's dad, Jay.  Our excursion date was 6/1/08.  One of the perks offered on our trip was that Jayleen would take pictures of our adventure and downloaded them onto a disc for us for a small fee.  With Jayleen snapping the photos, this allowed us the luxury of being one with the experience as opposed to being behind the camera and possibly missing something.  We still have our disc of memories. 

When I found out that Jayleen had started her own company I immediately got in touch with her, relayed our 2008 story and made our reservations. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

OMG.  We also went out with Jayleen's dad, Jay.  Our excursion date was 6/1/08.  One of the perks offered on our trip was that Jayleen would take pictures of our adventure and downloaded them onto a disc for us for a small fee.  With Jayleen snapping the photos, this allowed us the luxury of being one with the experience as opposed to being behind the camera and possibly missing something.  We still have our disc of memories. 

When I found out that Jayleen had started her own company I immediately got in touch with her, relayed our 2008 story and made our reservations. 

Small world!  I think our first trip with Harv and Marv was 5/20/2008.  The next year my daughter and her new husband went on an Alaskan cruise for their honeymoon and also went with them.  We used them again in 2012 and in 2015, by which time they'd sold the company.  All were great excursions, but I'm excited to be going with Jayleen this time.

• Like 1