platinum

trekkie

Hello fellow cruisers, this is my first post.. We are about to take our 10th Carnival cruise.. The question is, are you platinum when you book your 10th, or after completion...?:) Thanks

Your luggage tags should say VIP and you are Platinum with the 10th cruise..

It no longer depends on the number of cruises, but rather on the number of sea days. How many sea days do you have currently?

No that is not the case.. this has been extended for those that are close to Platinum;)

It no longer depends on the number of cruises, but rather on the number of sea days. How many sea days do you have currently?

which actually doesnt go into effect yet, as people are going to be grandfathered in until the end of next year who have booked their 10th cruise.

So, to the OPs question.. he will board as platinum.

which actually doesnt go into effect yet, as people are going to be grandfathered in until the end of next year who have booked their 10th cruise.

So, to the OPs question.. he will board as platinum.

Firefly,

So we have until the end of Dec 2013 to get our 10 cruises? That is doable for us!! I had given up hope because we are 6 with 7 booked but could easily slide 3 in before end of Dec 13..

Firefly,

So we have until the end of Dec 2013 to get our 10 cruises? That is doable for us!! I had given up hope because we are 6 with 7 booked but could easily slide 3 in before end of Dec 13..

Thats my understanding and what I read on here, that you have until the end of next year to get your 10 in.

they just left the people hanging who are in between platinum and diamond... fewer perks, and nothing grandfathered in.

Firefly,

That's my understanding as well. We're in the same situation--we've gone on 7 Carnival cruises and had one more booked when the new program was released. I ended up booking B2B cruises that we'll be going on in August, making us platinum on our Baltic cruise next year.

I didn't book the B2B to become platinum as the perks just aren't enough to motivate me to do that--it just worked out that way. I'm pleased that it did as the laundry and VIP boarding are what we're looking forward to as platinum guests. I'm pleased I won't be spending any of my time on our 12-day cruise doing laundry--and I would have had to since we're touring Germany for three weeks following the cruise! :D

Archived