Cruising Solo in September 2012

dlew

Hey everyone!

I'm in the middle of looking for a cruise out of Port Canaveral this coming September. I have a conference out in Orlando that my work is flying me to and I'd like to make the most of it afterwards. Oh, I'll be cruising solo for the first time and I'm looking at Carnival and RCCL at the moment.

Any suggestions for line/ship? (and why) and I'm choosing between 4-night and 5-night options. any help would be great!

thanks!

When will your conference conclude? Allowing you to leave on a cruise? Monarch of the seas leaves on Fridays for 3 days, Carnival Sensation leaves on Thursdays for 3 days. Both revert to 4 day cruises in between. There is also the Carnival Ecstasy which does 5 & 4 day cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

Oh yah, that would help huh?

Conference is over thurs. 20 and i check out of that Hotel on 21st.

My first thot was to try sensation since i haven't sailed her yet but then ecstasy has been remodeled since i went. Monarch is on the older side, right?

Oh yah, that would help huh?

Conference is over thurs. 20 and i check out of that Hotel on 21st.

My first thot was to try sensation since i haven't sailed her yet but then ecstasy has been remodeled since i went. Monarch is on the older side, right?

All three are older ships but nice. Sounds like based on your conference you'd have to sail out Friday on Monarch for 3 nights. Can you hang around for the weekend and sail out on Monday? Monarch is only one that leaves on 21st, all others leave on 20th or 24th. Or could you actually make it to the pier by 2pm on 20th? I myself would go on Ecstasy sailing out 24th for 5 days if you're able to get that week after off. Heck sail on Monarch from 21-24 the Ecstasy from 24-29th. :-) Or Carnival Dream or Freedom of the seas for a week. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

ok. so, if i don't find a cruise buddy then i'll settle with the 5-day on carnival ecstasy on the 24th but if i find someone to share a room I'm looking at the 7-day either dream or freedom on 22nd/23rd.

I've been booked on that cruise for months and I'm really looking forward to my second solo cruise!

You'd find the Freedom to be a great ship for a solo cruiser...lots to do, see and enjoy! And the crew makes sure you have a great time, too!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally decided on Carnival Sensation 9/23/12 due to time and funds... leaving out of Port Canaveral.

First time i'll be cruising solo... we'll see how it goes!

Archived