New to Regent Questions

We've never sailed Regent and are interested in the recent special offerings on the Luxor to Mumbai cruises. I have a few general questions for the experts 'out there.'

• Are there ever special offers for long range planners? Or are they just last/later minute ones? (We have both this fall and winter booked.)
  • Pre and post hotels/excursions are included in recent offerings. Is it possible to make use of the free air and stay on for a week or so at one end. For us this would be in India as we've never been there.

Thanks in advance for any inside information you could share,

Ruth

Hi -- welcome to the Regent board. Long term specials is a difficult question to answer. Generally the farther out you book, the better the price as Regent cruises are subject to price increases quarterly. However, if a cruise is not selling well they can lower the price or offer incentives.

Regent does include a one night stay at a hotel pre-cruise. They do offer post-cruise hotels that you would pay for. If you plan on extending the time you spend in India, you would have to "deviate" your flight. The cost to deviate is $125/person. In addition to arriving or departing at a later date, you also have the choice of airlines and itineraries -- as long as they are with airlines that Regent contracts with.

The best thing you can do at this point is to find a TA who specializes in luxury cruises. They can discuss your options with you and you will probably receive a rebate and/or on board credits for booking with them.

travelcat2, thank you for some experienced advice.

We've used a great travel agent living in B.C. whom we've never met, but I doubt she specializes in luxury cruises. A friend travels exclusively on Regent having deserted HAL almost a decade ago. I'll get a referral from her.

I've been reluctant about a land visit to India, a country my husband has always wanted to visit. But a cruise from or to, might offer the best of both worlds with a land extension.

Thanks,

Ruth

We are doing the Mumbai to Bali cruise in December with an included three night trip to Agra pre-cruise. A similiar itinerary is being offered in April, however the weather in April is dramatically more humid and hot than in December. The April cruise offers the Agra trip post-cruise.

Getting a TA recommendation from your friend is a great idea:)

P.S. I am hesitant to go to India -- by land or by sea. After putting it off for 20 years, I suppose it is now or never. I'm "almost" looking forward to the cruise. My DH is thrilled.

Jackie, DW atm refuses to go to India. I would appreciate an extensive review when you return. Must admit your excursions won't take you where I want to go-the Himalayas; but the Taj certainly is not too shabby:p

Jackie, DW atm refuses to go to India. I would appreciate an extensive review when you return. Must admit your excursions won't take you where I want to go-the Himalayas; but the Taj certainly is not too shabby:p

I will probably post from the ship and do a review afterwards. Keep in mind that it will be from the perspective of someone who doesn't want to be there in the first place. Now the Himalayas. . . . that is a place I would love to see.

I'm prepared to look at an extended visit to India as a miserable but highly successful weight loss plan, best I suppose after we disembark. Our daughter was there for four months in the summer on a fellowship and individuals in the group picked up more bugs in four star hotels than when visiting families on communes. Now as a graduate student she didn't taste five or six star hotels. Still she LOVED it. I gather you either love or hate India. When we were making serious plans for an extended land visit, our Indian TA left for India mid planning and upon his return was OFF sick for weeks. And he's a native born Indian. Scared me off for several years.

Thanks for the responses,

Ruth

Archived